Quantcast

Full Tilt Cyclery now accepting applications for club race team

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
zstyle_22 said:
Full tillt Cyclery is now accepting applications for the 2006 race season. Anyone from junior beginner to pro please contact us at Full Tilt Cyclery 303-660-6077.
yo zach is there a deadline for this application thing?

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
We weren't trying to be the best daycare team. Besides, how many mojo racers podiumed at the pro level. Or how about came top ten norba nationaly overall for pro. I don't seem to remember, I think that is because there were none. If you want to join a real team where you learn how to be professional and get better, come talk to us. If not, I'm sure Mojo is in the phonebook under the daycare section.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
zstyle_22 said:
We weren't trying to be the best daycare team. Besides, how many mojo racers podiumed at the pro level. Or how about came top ten norba nationaly overall for pro. I don't seem to remember, I think that is because there were none. If you want to join a real team where you learn how to be professional and get better, come talk to us. If not, I'm sure Mojo is in the phonebook under the daycare section.
AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA.

Damn that was a good one man. :evil: :p :D

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
zstyle_22 said:
Dude, I was joking but if you want to be a dick about it, the junior team did not count for overall points now did they?

And yeah you're right we feel strongly about bringing youth into the sport, they are the future you know.

Oh and Tony I'm glad you thought that was soo funny, so why don't you tell us about your race times last year?

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
axlvid23 said:
Tony's riding ability is completely irrelevant to the topic of this discourse. Zach's rebuttle to your comment (while I realize you were kidding), was quite humorous and you defaming whatever riding ability Tony has is immature. I see a tremendous irony in your statement regarding youth being the future of our sport and the following statement slandering its youth. I know many of the members of the full tilt team personally and ride with a few of them on a regular basis and thus know the quality of the program they put together for up-and-comers....a program built around progression and bike riding...not cash profit, arrogance, and things other than bike riding. Now I'm not suggesting that all of the members of Mojo possess these characteristics...I have several friends who ride for Mojo and respect their choice to ride for mojo as having a jersey to wear and a sponsor to name is desireable. But in any case, I wasn't going to let your comment go unraped. My 2 cents

Alex
You are absolutely correct, my comment was immature. I shouldn't have said it, my bad. I'm sorry Tony. I don't have any problem with Full Tilt Racing at all. But I was a little offended and responded rashly.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
dont worry we all bust on tony for his inability to complete a race.

As for mojo. Lets just say i much rather race on a grassroots team. One where the free stuff given to the team is distributed to the team.

Good luck to all racers in the 06 season i cant wait to get back on a bike

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
snowskilz said:
dont worry we all bust on tony for his inability to complete a race.

As for mojo. Lets just say i much rather race on a grassroots team. One where the free stuff given to the team is distributed to the team.

Good luck to all racers in the 06 season i cant wait to get back on a bike
The team that is accepting race resumes is our grassroots team. I don't know who you are, and I'm not trying to say you're nobody, but why do you deserve free stuff? What have you done to deserve anything? This is the reason it is hard to get anything from bike companies, because everybody thinks they deserve something for nothing. I don't know what you think we're getting for free, but the Full tilt team got nothing for free last year. We do it because we truly care about helping out the up and comers. How many of you saw me carrying Tyler Adriance's mx bike to the top for him to wash the mud off during the downpour we knew as snowmass mt. cross? Shouldn't his mojo team manager have done that? He wasn't even on my team, Full tilt does not care who you ride for we want to help everybody out. This is how we are giving back, by giving people who need the chance some help.

Please, like I said before, if you are interested in being on the team and learning a lot of good stuff, contact justin at 303-660-6077 and he will give you the low down.

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
Wow, while I'm normally a fan of intra-team smack talking, this is getting pretty deep. Full tilt cracking on Mojo's daycare (when they race against the senior team), RPR looking at what other teams hand-out in terms of product, and people just just smacking tony around!
I know I'm just a casual observer (fathering some of the daycare crowd), but I don't see how anybody could go wrong with any of the teams that have been talking this stuff. RPM has got a great track record and are well-connected, RPR is a great bunch of guys, Full-tilt has a lot of up and coming racers, Mojo's got great support (especially for the groms). When you look at how much everybody helped other riders last year, regardless of who they raced for, I think we're all extraordinarily lucky to be riding in the MSC. I cannot think of a single instance in which other teams did not help one another out. I also think that while there is not a perfect team here or anywhere else, all of the teams mentioned above are damn good, and any of them would be great to ride with. I'm also looking forward to the racing season, and hope that everybody has good luck and good fun, as well as staying healthy.
I suppose I should feel obligated to talk a little smack, so....watch out for some of the daycare crowd, they're doing nothing but getting faster!
Scott

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
the only smack im throwing is Tony's way. He's a great kid and is super positive for the whole mtn biking scene.

The whole comment about free stuff is just that a comment. I should not of placed it after my comment about mojo. And i dont know about full tilts team other then what corbin(sp?) spews over on mtbr. I truely believe that any free product or $ that a team is given should go right to the riders. We've been lucky this year to get some $ and product for the 2006 race season. And all of our riders will make out. It is pretty sweet that mojo/fulltilt/rpm had a mechanic at every race to support their team.

My personal thought on a grassroot team is a team that is not controlled by a shop or a major manufacturer. My interpertation of grassroot team would be RPR, Tiny Cog, SRR and Gorgeous Don's.
We are all allowed our opinions and thats the fun of a message board.

Sorry if i ruffled anyone's feathers. Did not mean to do such. (well other then tony's)

sorry to derail your thread zach.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mtnrider said:
You are absolutely correct, my comment was immature. I shouldn't have said it, my bad. I'm sorry Tony. I don't have any problem with Full Tilt Racing at all. But I was a little offended and responded rashly.
I meant no offense or anything so it's all good. I just thought that considering the situation it was funny, not necessarily true or anything. :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
snowskilz said:
the only smack im throwing is Tony's way. He's a great kid and is super positive for the whole mtn biking scene.

Sorry if i ruffled anyone's feathers. Did not mean to do such. (well other then tony's)

sorry to derail your thread zach.
You're just jealous of my awesome skillz. I mean, who wouldn't be. :love:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
doc gravity said:
Wow, while I'm normally a fan of intra-team smack talking, this is getting pretty deep. Full tilt cracking on Mojo's daycare (when they race against the senior team), RPR looking at what other teams hand-out in terms of product, and people just just smacking tony around!
I know I'm just a casual observer (fathering some of the daycare crowd), but I don't see how anybody could go wrong with any of the teams that have been talking this stuff. RPM has got a great track record and are well-connected, RPR is a great bunch of guys, Full-tilt has a lot of up and coming racers, Mojo's got great support (especially for the groms). When you look at how much everybody helped other riders last year, regardless of who they raced for, I think we're all extraordinarily lucky to be riding in the MSC. I cannot think of a single instance in which other teams did not help one another out. I also think that while there is not a perfect team here or anywhere else, all of the teams mentioned above are damn good, and any of them would be great to ride with. I'm also looking forward to the racing season, and hope that everybody has good luck and good fun, as well as staying healthy.
I suppose I should feel obligated to talk a little smack, so....watch out for some of the daycare crowd, they're doing nothing but getting faster!
Scott
Very well said, most of the people out there riding in CO are great people and so it shouldn't matter what team you're on to have a good time riding with folks and being considerate of others. :)

The team that is accepting race resumes is our grassroots team. I don't know who you are, and I'm not trying to say you're nobody, but why do you deserve free stuff? What have you done to deserve anything? This is the reason it is hard to get anything from bike companies, because everybody thinks they deserve something for nothing. I don't know what you think we're getting for free, but the Full tilt team got nothing for free last year. We do it because we truly care about helping out the up and comers. How many of you saw me carrying Tyler Adriance's mx bike to the top for him to wash the mud off during the downpour we knew as snowmass mt. cross? Shouldn't his mojo team manager have done that? He wasn't even on my team, Full tilt does not care who you ride for we want to help everybody out. This is how we are giving back, by giving people who need the chance some help.
zstyle, good post. Everybody needs to be out there helping everybody out regardless of what team you're on and what not.

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
Everyone knows I am all about talking a little bit smack here and there, but let's get back to the topic at hand. Full Tilt is accepting resumes whether you are beginner or pro, call us at 303-660-6077. Thanks again, Full Tilt.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Zach,
Does Full tilt do any community service(trail work etc). If so could you please post up here when its being done. Our team is also looking to help out with trail maintence or generaly anything to help mountain biking.

Thanks

todd

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
When it comes to talking community service (at least to other members of the racing community) everybody should remember that it was Full Tilt that stepped up to help get Brendan to the Jr. Worlds last year. Nobody else did that on a shop level. scott

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Phil Winn said:
Snowskilz,

I'm not sure who you are on the RPR Team but I've personally met several of you last year and this year. I thought there where no problems with us. You guys came by our trailer last year for beers, tech support, free piranha drinks and good times. We've never said a negative word about you guys in person or online. I'm NOT a 100% sure why the sudden change of heart but now we don't share very well or we're in it for the money. I've got a good feeling though that your new found wisdom has a lot to do with your new Team leader or whatever he is; are you aware that this particular individual was convicted of "Felony Domestic Assault" for punching a girl repeatedly?

I wish you guys all the luck next year at the races and hope that your sponsor do come thru. I would certainly appreciate you NOT writing about us in a public forum anymore. I know I just aired some grievances very publicly as well, but you left me NO choice but to stoop to your level.

Thank you,
Phu Nguyen
Mojo Wheels
There are def no hard feelings between Kozos(former RPR) and Mojo. You basically met the whole RPR squad minus Billy at Grant's BDay. We're all here to have a good time.

There are always 3 sides to a story. Esp about Kevin's situation. Maybe some of the mojo team should go talk to his neighbors who watched the situation unfold.

I never said anything bad about mojo. just that i would much rather ride for a grassroots program. The reason being is that the contract mojo has you sign has so many catches. My friend was the mgr when lisa rolled out the dh team and i was offered a spot. once i took a look at the contract i said no thanks. i work 40+ hrs per week retail and that would def not allow me to be within the confines of the mojo contract.

We(kozos) look forward to riding with you guys in the 2006 season. Never has any of the comments posted been to be negative on your team. Where as a redeyedeluxe has made it well aware of his negative feelings twoards our team.

Good Luck!

Todd