Quantcast

Full Trucker needs your good vibes

Romeo

Chimp
May 20, 2002
Today one of our favorite people, Evan Chute, overshot the first double in the six-pack at Gunbarrel and, knowing he wouldn't clear the second, he jumped off his bike and ran it out. It was a perfect dismount, except he stepped into the face of the next jump at full speed with his left leg straight.

The impact drove the head of his femur out of his hip socket. Along the way, the inner 1/3 of the femural head broke off, and a chip was knocked off the socket itself. Evan suffered immediate, terrible pain, and it was clear something was very wrong. Paramedics tool him to Boulder Commmunity Hospital, where he said a lot of funny stuff, especially after the narcotics hit.

A team tried to re-locate the femur, but Evan's leg muscles were too strong and too tense. When the doctor pulled back Evan's gown to start the procedure, he saw Evan's legs and said, "Man, look at these quads. This is going to be hard." They gave him some super-duper drugs, and they seemed to be working because Evan stopped talking. One guy held Evan's hips down while the other stood on the bed and yanked on Evan's leg. In a flat tone, Evan said, "Not sleeping."

These guys tried as hard as they could, and they still couldn't re-locate that femur. As I watched, I got nauseous and almost fainted. It was that burly. Later a bigger team send me out of the room, gave Evan more drugs and got the job done. Afterward Evan was much more comfortable, and he just wanted to get fixed and get out of there.

Evan will get surgery this morning to re-attach the broken piece of his femur. Hopefully his bone will heal, and he'll regain most of his use. The surgeon won't know the specifics until he gets in there, and after the surgery it'll all come down to the bone healing.

Evan is a strong, healthy, fellow, so his chances are as good as they can be. But he still needs all the good vibes he can get. Let's all send our best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Watch www.leelikesbikes.com for updates.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
hey evan im so sorry to hear what happened and i hope you are okay. i built 90% of that line (a.s.- after spomer) and it kills me to find out such a nice guy got hurt on it. get well soon.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Evan, You'll get better! keep thinking positive and do what the docs tell you to do. I broke my leg, and I got better! Ask Skookum. He know's abut broken legs. It's tough now because you are at the beginning, but you will get better! Good vibes, prayers and positive karma out to you! Post those x-rays, keep up with that physical therapy, and you'll be riding soon!

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
son-of-a-bi tch! sounds like me when i destroyed my shoulder bouncing down the street when my chain broke..... went to the hospital and i they started with the drugs. i feel for him and wish for a speed recovery. i didnt even notice the tetnis shot they gave me i was in so much pain. man some of the stuff they'll shoot you up with will make you want to rock out with you cawk out, let me tell you. good stuff.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
NOOO! Not another injury Evan! Hopefully you can get back on the bike soon. Just do not try and ride too early. It is always better to take a vacation from the bike, and come back strong. Rather than jumping on the bike too soon and milking the healing procces for twice as long or more.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Next girl i get with i'll give her the shocker for ya. i'll say "This one's for the Trucker!!!" :oink:

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, a femur is gonna have to take some patience, but stay positive and you'll get thru it like a champ! Chuckin all the healin vibes i can for ya!
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
hate to do this but sometimes situations like these could use a little comedy. :D

Maybe Evan's custom title should be changed from "Frikken Newb" to "Over-Chute"

Sorry had to do it. :) Anyway, again best healing wishes man!!!

J

JRB

Hope you get well soon, bro. That commute to work is going to be a bitch for a while.

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
Evan!!Man! what r u doing??!? So now both your legs will be the same lenght?? ha ha... hope to see you in Angelfire....handing out pink tacos. Keep your chin up, chics dig a wounded guy, with chops,....... in pink.....heal soon, we'll miss ya

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Aww sh!t, really sorry to hear this man.
Dont worry, if Evil Kenevil can bounce back so can you. And think of it this way... at least you can tun your head this time around :D

Any hardware this time around?

Get well soon man.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Evan, I'm sorry to hear of your setback. I broke my femur 12 years ago; I have a very good idea of what lies ahead of you. Be patient, and give your body time to heal. You will survive this! :thumb: