Quantcast

Full Trucker on the CBS 4 Denver News!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That was the cheesiest ending that I have even seen. Great to see some media exposure though and a shout out to the national championships.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Way to go Chuter!

All you thinking about coming out for the Nats, did you notice the Whistler style bike racks on the lifts? Yes, sol is sweet. Too bad the news didn't show any more decent footy of the jumps, berms and other features there. Guess you'll have to see them for yourselves!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
ROR :p

That was rad! Nice quick commentary by Ithnu as well in there, and who knew Shoemake could form complete sentences?

At any rate, sweet to see some media exposure on SolVista, as well as the National Champs. Shaping up to be an awesome weekend coming up - all ya'll better make it out!

I just found out a week or so ago that some really good friends of mine are playing at SolVista for the Nats... a killer rock band called Yerkish check 'em out as well.

(Like any one needs more than super sick trails, sweet lift racks, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and the biggest race of the year to show up...)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
How can they film all that footage, and not get any air time?
Whatya mean? I have friends that saw it when it aired on the news!

Unless you are talking about "sweet jumps" and such... and my guess would be this: think about your average news watching person. They're probably not even mountain bikers, much less downhillers. So showing a bunch of sick jumps and drops might do more to scare them away from trying it out, than enticing them to head up to SolVista and givin' this whole "biking" thing a go!

I'm saying they did a nice job with the piece: they used intelligent, literate people to talk about our sport (and not just myself but MT, Shoemake, etc.), showed how much fun everyone was having, plugged the National Champs, and kept it really ACCESSIBLE to non-biking folks – i.e. "plenty of green trails to cut your teeth on, plus people to help you get into it and progress. Bonus: they didn't make the SolVista Bike Park (and downhillers in general) out to be a bunch of stoner adrenaline junkies.

Perfect!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Whatya mean? I have friends that saw it when it aired on the news!

Unless you are talking about "sweet jumps" and such... and my guess would be this: think about your average news watching person. They're probably not even mountain bikers, much less downhillers. So showing a bunch of sick jumps and drops might do more to scare them away from trying it out, than enticing them to head up to SolVista and givin' this whole "biking" thing a go!

I'm saying they did a nice job with the piece: they used intelligent, literate people to talk about our sport (and not just myself but MT, Shoemake, etc.), showed how much fun everyone was having, plugged the National Champs, and kept it really ACCESSIBLE to non-biking folks – i.e. "plenty of green trails to cut your teeth on, plus people to help you get into it and progress. Bonus: they didn't make the SolVista Bike Park (and downhillers in general) out to be a bunch of stoner adrenaline junkies.

Perfect!
nailed it.

Very cool guys, congrats, I've been hearing about you for years, I'm going to have to make it out there some time!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Stoked. Good work Chuter. I'd love to see this story or something like a commercial run on stations in the Denver Metro for sol vista and the National Champs. That would be sweet.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hell Yeah!

NICE! - If only one of the local news affiliates would do that here on the East Coast - great coverage and story that wasn't one of those "mini-stories" that last .5sec.

...woulda been cooler though if they were playing Slayer in the background.

:)