Quantcast

Fullface helmets. The best for under $200

AlCapone

Monkey
Apr 5, 2009
North Bend, WA
What is the best fullface helmet for under $200? I've been looking at the THE One Composite and the Giro Remedy. Are there any others that I should loo into?

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
bell drop or giro rememdy are best bang for the buck and 2 of the absolute safest helmets on the planet for DH.

enginerds at the factory proved it to me with machines and breaking stuff ;-)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
can't comment on the THE, but the remedy is certainly adequate. There may be better ventillating helmets out there, but the remedy has the certifications, for one, and was much, much, much, much better than my moto Answer M6 helmet.

I made the switch about a year ago, and it was well worth it. I'm not certain of the value of the CF version, but if weight is a concern, go for it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
THE has very nice ventilation and is very comfy. Seriously recomended helmet but giro remedy carbon won't be worse.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Maybe when the Remedy cracked, he was referring to the last 2 feet of a heavy bail. I cracked one too in a crash where I went OTB on a steep downslope. I was never more than 2 feet off the ground - even if I traveled 15 feet before I hit.

It is all about the fit. Who cares what its ad copy says. If it doesn't fit right, it's not the right one. I bought my last helmet with no specific budget in mind & tried on everything. The Troy Lee fit me pretty well. Only the Remedy fit me really well though. There were a ton of others that I tried (and that other people loved), but felt horrible on my head.