Quantcast

Fun 40 mile DH ride from hell!!! A mental and Physical battle on a bicycle

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Sup everyone, last sunday i went on a bike ride i and my muscles will remember forever. The ride is a shuttle that starts by parking a car at the base of waterton canyon, then shuttling around 40 min up 285 to Pine Junction and from there 13 miles SW to BUFFALO CREEK campground. On the Colorado trail from the parking lot i was off on my 47 pound Rotec RL9 riding up some challanging climbs only to be rewarded by some fantastic P gravel singletrack. It was like this throught the campgroud and into an eerie burn area. Some deer, squirrles and 20 miles later we were at the base of a 1300, 3 mile climb that was not moderate. Most everyone had run out of water and were starting to feel the effects at the top of the most grousome climb ever. First sight of city lights, yet it was 8:00 and getting dark quick. Bombing down a singletrack with the lights dimmed sure is an interesting feeling but when you can't see 3 foot drops its time to slow down. Now its pitch black walking by intuition and feel, senses most deffinitly hightened yet drunk from dehydration we walked. Contimplation of making a fire and camping crossed our minds but we kept going and finally 10 hours later and dilerious we arrived at waterton canyon road. After the longest 6 mile road ride we were back eating oreo's and whatever food i had in my car. Drive to shuttle cars, back to bikes then home and bed, 3 am monday morning. Did i mention my friends truck had a flat tire we fixed earlier that day. God trail, just be sure to start early!!! Not at 1, gosh idiot:nuts: Hope ya'll enjoyed the story, see ya on the trails!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Just fantastic, i was thinking about it all last night while i was eating dinner and laying down on my couch! Adrian calculated on his gps that we decsended 7000 feet and climbed 5000 and traveled a total of 38 miles!

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
Brian you should have had tyler come on his 50. Also are you and your brother going to nathrop next weekend?

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Tyler on his 50 would be hilarious, yet very doable on this trail. By the way, tyler is selling it for $450 if your interested yet your dad would never, better start washing dishes. Yeah i plan to cruz up and do a little MX in Nanthrop. No, seriously i need to get some practice in before Angle Fire, good work by the way last week!

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
Yea you better get ready for the season. Chris was looking so fast out there. Tell tyler ill trade him some bikes parts for his 50 and maybe with some money on the side. I know he will never do it but ill give a try. Why is he selling it? Actually im going to get money and buy that from tyler.

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Haplipe said:
Yea you better get ready for the season. Chris was looking so fast out there. Tell tyler ill trade him some bikes parts for his 50 and maybe with some money on the side. I know he will never do it but ill give a try. Why is he selling it? Actually im going to get money and buy that from tyler.
I'll ask him! He might acept the money but i doubt he'll trade it for bike parts since he ain't going to bike to much more. Let this point be known, i'm bigger then chris so i can just beat him up:cool: