Quantcast

Fun at my job

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I try and keep things fresh at work by starting new games regularly. This weeks game is to use names from movies or books when trying to coerce someone to tell you their real name. For instance: I get a call about a subject that has several warrants, let's say his name is bob smith. I go to mr. smith's house to talk to him, he answers the door and i say i'm looking for (put movie name here). The person will usually say something like, nah...they don't live here, i'm bob smith and this is my house...i've never seen that person before. -gee...thanks mr. smith, sorry for the confusion, by the way, i have a warrant for your arrest :D

well, i'm a huge GOONIES fan so today, in that situation, i used "chester copperpot" and told the dude that he may go by the nickname of "one-eyed willie" but he didn't get it! i was trying so hard to keep from laughing and my backup officer had to step outside to let it out.

so what are some other, slightly obscure, film or book characters i can use?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
LMAO!!! That's great man! :D

Here's an idea for one. "Is there a uh, Charlie Buckets here? One of his notorious associates goes by the name of Willy and they are usually accompanied by several midgets wherever they go." :p ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
mike hunt

or samir nainnanaghad from Office Space. or Tom swinkowski or Tyler Durden

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Mr. White/Larry Dimmick
Mr. Orange/Freddy Newandyke
Mr. Blonde/Vic Vega
Mr. Pink

Obscure: (Blade Runner)

Harrison Ford .... Rick Deckard
Rutger Hauer .... Roy Batty

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Ron Burgundy, Brian Fantana, Champ Kind, Brick Tamlin, Veronica Corningstone

- yeah, I just watched it in a drunken stupor last night.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
aww man...these are great! thanks guys.

and yes, we've tried the "meow" thing but it's too unoriginal to be done much. i do enjoy the repeat game though, especially whilst breaking up drunken frat parties :D

"can i go across the street to my car?"
Off1: "no!"
Off2: "no!"

"why not?"
Off1: "'cause you have a beer in your hand"
Off2: "cause you have a beer in your hand"

"can i set my beer down"
Off1: "no! that's littering!"
Off2: "no! that's littering!"

"what do you guys want?"
Off1: "we want you to go home and sleep"
Off2: "we want you to go home and sleep"

"but this is my home, i live at the frat house"
Off1: "well, i suppose that's convenient for you then"
Off2: "well, I suppose that's convenient for you then"

-----then you switch leads and Off2 starts off answers, great fun with drunk/stoned people :thumb: ------

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
How as this thread made it this long without the "quit abusing the innocent until proven guilty, you power hungry abusive puppet of the man" line? Or even a simply "cops suck"?

I guess the cop haters will come out today.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I always liked the sidestep game.
(works great for drunks)
every 3 seconds take a step to the side, then the next 3 seconds step to the other side it's even better with a partner.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
firetoole said:
I always liked the sidestep game.
(works great for drunks)
every 3 seconds take a step to the side, then the next 3 seconds step to the other side it's even better with a partner.
hmmm, that sounds like fun, will have to try that one :D

spitfire - i'm diggin the bob sagget :thumb: and i think i'll throw in a Tyler Durden or Marla

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
dirtjumpP.1 said:
Murphy MacManus is a good one too... extra points to who ever can tell me what movie he is from

don't know what movie that's from but around here, the Mcmanus family line takes up about 25% of our business :D if there is a murphy mcmanus in my city, i'll likely be looking for him for real at some point.