Quantcast

Fun Avid Juicy+goodridge problem!!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
So I'm trying to install my brand new goodridge line onto my juicy 5's. However the banjo included with the kit will not work, I called goodridge tech support and they confirmed I have to use the stock banjo. However I called Sram and there is supposedly no way to remove the banjo from the original line (they are pressed on and theres no where to attach a wrench it appears), they even went so far as to say that they don't sell the banjo separately. Anyone installed goodridge lines on a juicy before?

Edit: It all worked out, parts were correct, I'm stupid

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Thats bull****. They sell banjo's. I just re-did my juicy's not too long ago and got a replacement banjo at my LBS. Call up your LBS - ask them what they have to say about it.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
all the new avid's come with banjo's and the bolt thing so you can cut the lines. and yes, you can buy extra fittings

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
if you cant get ahold of a stock banjo, then try cutting your old line right behind the banjo and see if you gradually work it out of the old line, or maybee if you have a steady enough hand gradually start cutting off the line from the banjo itself untile there is no line left. hope that helps man and good luck to you.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
That's pretty frustrating then, i pay 50 bucks or whatever for fittings and lines, supposedly a kit specific to my brake, and then I have to go buy more parts, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thanks for the help. I'll try and work that banjo out again before i order a new banjo.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
That's pretty frustrating then, i pay 50 bucks or whatever for fittings and lines, supposedly a kit specific to my brake, and then I have to go buy more parts, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thanks for the help. I'll try and work that banjo out again before i order a new banjo.
Wow I know of acouple of guys that put Goodridge lines on there Juicy Carbons and I am pretty sure they were able to use the banjo supplied from Goodridge ,is it possible the Juicy 5 has different fittings?

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Wow I know of acouple of guys that put Goodridge lines on there Juicy Carbons and I am pretty sure they were able to use the banjo supplied from Goodridge ,is it possible the Juicy 5 has different fittings?
Surprised here too. We just used the goodridge kits on 7s.
Never tried to take the hose out of the stock avid lines since they were crimped on.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, I think you need to take it back and ask for the correct goodridge hose kit. The only thing you should need to re-use is the banjo bolt, the correct hose kit will have a compatible banjo. In fact, the banjo is the same as the one used in shimano (and many other) GR hose kits, there's nothing strange or different about the avid one..

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
Yeah, I think you need to take it back and ask for the correct goodridge hose kit. The only thing you should need to re-use is the banjo bolt, the correct hose kit will have a compatible banjo. In fact, the banjo is the same as the one used in shimano (and many other) GR hose kits, there's nothing strange or different about the avid one..
QFT, confirmed

I have installed the kit on juicy 7s. The only part you need to reuse is the main bolt for the banjo. You have the wrong fittings/kit or you are just missing some.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Ya, you were right, I'm an idiot. The included banjo worked fine, and you did have to re-use the one bolt. Bleed them this afternoon, so far so good!