Quantcast

Fundraiser for a friend's wife with TBI from a cycling accident

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hey all,

My co-worker and friend and his wife went to Europe last year for what should have been an awesome cyclist's vacation: riding bikes from Vienna to Venice. However on day 6, a dog ran out into his wife's front wheel, throwing her to the pavement, and causing severe head trauma which left her with a diagnosis of Traumatic Brain Injury. She currently has limited cognizant abilities along with limited to zero social activities. To make the issue worse, insurance and other resources which might normally be available to help with the financial burden of all this aren't available. Not that they don't have insurance, they do, but all the medical bills from Euroland are not able to be covered by U.S. based policy. This is putting my co-worker in a world of hurt, what with his wife unable to work and going through loads of therapy, etc.

If this is inappropriate, I'm happy to take it down. But I figured this is a thing some folks here might care about. Josh is a rider, racer, friend, and cycling advocate. If you can help even with a few bucks, that would be awesome.

https://www.crowdrise.com/kristins-long-road-of-recovery/fundraiser/carliemock

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I just donated. I am fortunate to have good insurance and minimal bills, I cant imagine $85,000 in unplanned expense hanging over my shoulder. My best to both of them.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks guys. I think the CrowdRise page has more info on why they're facing such a large financial burden, I oversimplified it here I'm sure.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sent some Canada dollars their way. All the best to her and the family.

Is there no PayPal donate option? Could probably get a few more simply with PayPal.......I know I had to go dig my credit card out of one of the black hole cubby holes in my car.