Quantcast

Funk it Friday GMT?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sounds like a better ride than we had on Wednesday. The snow was so thick and wet that we'd roll to a stop, while going downhill. :disgust:
we encountered the aftermath of people who did the same on Wednesday. Many (many) frozen ruts in DH sections, especially in corners and when the grade leveled off.... We also encountered untracked snow, and it wasn't compacting, mostly that sugary granular stuff. In other parts, people had snowshoed the trail, and it had set beautifully. It's really so awesome when it's like that...

One downside of studs that I hadn't considered, is the extra care I need to take putting the bike into the back of car with. Can't have one of the tires rubbing a hole through a seat or something...
old towels... old towels everywhere!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
<ahem> "Texas Wheelchair," please.

We are also planning to do this... except instead of leaving at noon as was the plan, we are now leaving after the eldest gets off work, which will be more like 5pm. Now instead of 4 people in the Xterra with all their ski gear, we'll have 5. :panic: And there's a winter storm warning, so it'll take ages to get up there.

Contemplating just saying, "Fuck it."

Probably won't. :D
You're already traffic.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I took off work this afternoon with the hope of getting out for a ride. It's currently 20 freedums and 30 mph winds, so that's not happening.

Saturday-Tues the forecast high is 7 freedums, so much for getting outside this long weekend.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Been looking at a longer ride for a mini-break with the wife.

Old Ghost Road looks interesting. That site combined with Trailforks is pretty useful.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Been looking at a longer ride for a mini-break with the wife.

Old Ghost Road looks interesting. That site combined with Trailforks is pretty useful.
I did a chunk of it ~10 years ago with my now wife :)

edit: November 2014
IMG_1191.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Is it *actually* technically interesting? I don’t have much interest in fireroad stuff and/or miles of green. It says dark blue and black but I have ridden some of the others that recon they have black and yeah nah.
I think we only did a dozen miles out and back, I'd liked to have been able to do more. I don't think we reached the singletrack proper if I remember correctly. I'm sure there's a million YT videos out there which will show the terrain further in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Teslas, installed 12/2019. I have no idea how to install firmware updates. Can you point me to something?
found this on Reddit

Open the gateway and scan the QR code to connect to the gateway WiFi, the password should be written below the QR code. Then open your web browser and then type in 192.168.91.1. It should take you to the commissioning screen where you can update the software.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Houthi rebels fired missiles at my Hot Water Heater. Taking it out. I called the Army and Air force about it. They recommended I call a plumber. I am fucking pissed. Now I have to take matters into my own hands.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh so nice to slide into the office around nine. work on replacing the catch hook for the gurney in the ambulance, take an online training class, replace the door seals on a rig and head home at 3pm,

Made tacos and drank beer and its just 5pm

1.11.24 tacos.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
was traffic in friday afternoon rainy traffic. once we escaped the city, entertained the 13yos by driving in a spirited fashion on the curvy mountain roads while they were allowed to dj...then they had a snowball fight when we got here.