Quantcast

$$$$$Funk you Friday$$$$$

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Kid came home with a horrid stomachache. Norovirus is going around. Slept in bed with him, miserable sleep. Giant dump this morning and he seems to be getting better.

Had to skip beers with the dads to take care of the little munchkin after rescheduling the last one because he was in the ER all day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Skippy!! I managed to drag my lazy ass out of bed at five ay hem every day this week, and this morning was a 2600 yard swim. Three day weekend on tap with the Monday holiday. The previous manager I replaced always let the staff cut out early the Friday before a long weekend, so I have kept that practice going.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up before the sun. Ran to the hardware store for a few things but now it's time to work.

What are the chances I duck out early today for the long weekend?

0_SByY_E3vzQI7LKHD.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Last night was burger night on the grill. As soon as I lit the grill, it started freezing rain and raining down pellets. I trudged on in true Canadian colours, wearing my oversized plaid jacket.

Car was a nice brick of ice this morning, could only open one of the doors.

Le work and then hoping to pickup the new wheels for the bike.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Going skiing with my older sister today. I am to leave before the kids get up so set the alarm. Body alarm said fuck that get up even earlier. So here I am drinking coffee in the dark, alone, which is good but out of routine.

Good morning and happy Friday in monkey land, one of the only lands that matters in my world.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Last night was burger night on the grill. As soon as I lit the grill, it started freezing rain and raining down pellets. I trudged on in true Canadian colours, wearing my oversized plaid jacket.

i too grilled burgers last night. but thankfully the rain stopped. the grill reminded me it's time for a cleaning too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Running around trying to get stuff done before I start the new gig. Still no offer, but they said "Monday at the latest" but they assured me it's still a go.

Carpet, vinyl, steel, and some marine plywood. Not necessarily in that order. But with any luck I can start welding this weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

If I get through the day without strangling someone I will consider it a win.
:mandown intensifies.gif:

Baby Aya coughed a bit overnight and looks sick, but last night was the first since Sunday without her or the other two coming out and needing something (changes of sheets and pillowcases after puking, more water in their water bottles, snuggles for scary dreams, etc). So that’s good.

/me is WFH 4-10 pm. Eldest kid apparently has developing laryngitis so shall be home with me and Aya as well.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

My world for the next few days.
Was in the way to the ER to see what was going on when he barfed in the car. The little shit got it everywhere, I’m impressed. Then another two times at home. Our washer is full and so is his pants.

at least I get to skip an all day hr meeting

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Work “busy season” is here. Email nonsense will be overwhelming by Monday. I’m sure the boss will request a few custom projects right in the middle of it all, just to keep things interesting.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More painting in the basement and putting foam insulation on some of the new hot water heating pipes so the mechanical room temp comes down to a normal level and not just wasting heat basically heating the whole basement just from that one room.

Storm rolling over Denmark today which I hope will dry up the trails for some mtb fun Sunday.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ginger Ale and Jello

At least the Jello makes for fun colors if it comes back up.

I ate Fruity Pebbles the last time I got sick for the true technicolor yawn, but sadly it stayed down.
Ginger Elle goes down easy. Not a fan of her rebranding to Skyla Novea.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's also Fritter Friday, so raspberry was had by the pups. I tell you what, if you ask my dogs "what day is it?" They will mob you. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Cold and windy, weather better sort itself out before the weekend starts at 1:00PM

I ate a red velvet cake and forgot about it before getting food poisoning once, thought I had massive internal bleeding because I was spewing dark red shit out of both ends. Good times.
I once woke up and had to cough up some blood. Freaked me the fuck out until I realized that I had bitten my tongue in my sleep.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

New wheels? Have you seen the new Reserve AL kit?!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New wheels? Have you seen the new Reserve AL kit?!
Yeah those seem like a good option, especially if you buy the whole wheelset from them.

Not totally new wheels for me. New rims for the old hubs. New frame is going to have a 29" front, so needed that redone. Rear rim had a nasty flat spot and wobble in it, so it had to go.

Once I get these I think I have everything for the new frame, except for still deciding which coil shock. It came with a Fox X2 air shock, but with my luck that'll blow out on its first ride...