Quantcast

$$$$$Funk you Friday$$$$$

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah those seem like a good option, especially if you buy the whole wheelset from them.

Not totally new wheels for me. New rims for the old hubs. New frame is going to have a 29" front, so needed that redone. Rear rim had a nasty flat spot and wobble in it, so it had to go.

Once I get these I think I have everything for the new frame, except for still deciding which coil shock. It came with a Fox X2 air shock, but with my luck that'll blow out on its first ride...
I might get tempted by the Reserve set. Heard also the X2 was not the most reliable of the bunch. Reason why I went with the X. You have good hubs?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cold and windy, weather better sort itself out before the weekend starts at 1:00PM

I ate a red velvet cake and forgot about it before getting food poisoning once, thought I had massive internal bleeding because I was spewing dark red shit out of both ends. Good times.
In college we used to make this horrible punch that was really off brand grape Kool Aid and cheap vodka. We always went with grape as the purple food coloring turned your shit a bright green color.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
In college we used to make this horrible punch that was really off brand grape Kool Aid and cheap vodka. We always went with grape as the purple food coloring turned your shit a bright green color.
how does purple ==> green shit

this is beyond my medical scope of knowledge

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fork oil for teh Avy cartridge arrived so hopefully I'll be able to try the fork this weekend.

Now indian leftovers with a lunch beer because fuck it. In Texas next week. :twitch:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I once woke up and had to cough up some blood. Freaked me the fuck out until I realized that I had bitten my tongue in my sleep.
Had a nasty crash on the bike once. It was a little too dark and a storm had blown a vine out of a tree and it was dangling into the trail. It caught my front brake and launched me. Landed on my back and had the wind knocked out of me. Once I was able to breath again I couldn't, felt like I was drowning. Got to my knees and coughed up a good pint of blood. Thought maybe I had punctured a lung. But after a bit of coughing could breath fine. Turned out I had a nasty bloody nose that had drained into my lungs. I was pretty happy I wasn't going to die and started laughing. My friend standing next to me thought I was actually dying and went into shock and I had to help him get his shit together.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I assume stomach acid or other digestive chemicals alter the pigment. Lots of pigments are PH sensitive.

Now I need to add purple drank and hydrochloric acid to the shopping list.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
that's called faderade

a substance that powered this entire venue for a short while

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I might get tempted by the Reserve set. Heard also the X2 was not the most reliable of the bunch. Reason why I went with the X. You have good hubs?
Float X is what I'd get if I was going with an air shock. I mean who knows, maybe thats what I'll do anyways..

The hubs are from Factor, not the greatest on paper, but I've had them for 4 or 5 seasons now and nothing has gone wrong them, so can't complain.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I assume stomach acid or other digestive chemicals alter the pigment. Lots of pigments are PH sensitive.

Now I need to add purple drank and hydrochloric acid to the shopping list.
why not just make the drink/drank again and photograph your poo for science afterwards

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You know that campground is closed right?
First-come, first-served. No reservations are accepted.

Purple Draaaaank!

Pepto Bismol turns your poop dark dark green almost black. Shit’s magic.

You hike/skin all the way to the top? Where do you come out? I assume someone picks you up on the road.
Start at the gift shop and skin out, drop in, skin back up, drop again, skin back to the car.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
We'd make Tangdrivers® ... a glass of vodka and a heaping scoop of Tang. It was alcoholism, but for astronauts.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Saw the map on Strava. Solid work this morning. How crowded was the parking lot at monarch?
Funny story about that... we were on the final skin back to the car and we looked over towards the ski area. My ski partner says "Oh hey, looks pretty quiet at Monarch today..."

Then I checked the time... it was 8:30.

I had no idea so many of you drank like stupid sorority girls :rofl:
I feel seen. :wub:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
black market ephedrine :rofl:

Yeah you used to be able to buy that shit at every convenience store in america at one point.
They were called 'wake up' IIRC.

Edit: those were only caffeine. Me bad

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So TIL that Purple Drank is A.) not actually vodka and grape Kool-Aid like I thought it was and B.) it's also known as "lean" on account of users' propensity of having difficulty in standing up straight.

Learn something new every day, I guess. huh.

So is this a more mild form of robotripping?

Did that once, not really on purpose, and boy howdy never again. I definitely fucked around, found out, and learned my lesson.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA