Quantcast

Funn Mamba pedals??

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
i could not find the Funn pedals so picked up some HT X1,s and i am liking them alot so far only have 3 rides on them and just switched back to clipless pedals for the 1st since 2003 or so .
wishing I got those..I read they had minimal float though..how do they feel compared to spd's?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Im sorry to say but these things are pretty much unrideable...

When you move your heal outwards you have a regular release angle that feels similar to a shimano pedal...when you move your heal inwards towards the crankarm it releases in a few mm of heal movement...I dont even understand how that is possible as the mechanism is symmetrical..I tried using max spring tension, moving the cleats..different cleats/different shoes etc etc...basically everytime you turn hard your inside foot unclips...the real problem is when launching off something..unless you dead sailor everything you are coming unclipped everytime you move the bike under you..pretty lame
Figured I'd update this incase anybody searches for info on these as there isnt allot out there...i couldnt bring myself to take them off after one ride so Ive been riding them for the last week or so...they seemed to have broken in and now the release point is more consistent between moving your heel in or out...They actually feel pretty good but for someone who likes allot of spring tension I dont think they would be a good choice...that said the platform could be a bit smaller I think without any decrease in support and also the pin placement could be better...the rear inside pin is too close to the edge and doesn't really do much...

YorkshireT

Chimp
Jul 6, 2017
I got the Funn Mamba 1 sided. I wanted 1 sided as I do a lot of 30-40 miler XC on flat trails, canals etc, but occasionally want to go up and down some rougher stuff and always feel nervous when clipped in.
Anyway so far I've only used them once on a 35 miler but been really pleased. I was worried I'd be frustrated getting them the right side to clip in, but no, really easy and quick to clip into. This is because they stay pretty still and don't spin around and the foot just seems to meet the clip really easy. I like the large platform and have found no issues using the flat side. They seem very well made apart from the pin spanner which split as soon as I tightened a pin. Quite pricey but so far a thumbs up for those who need a flat and a clip one pedal.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
only on the monkey could we start out talking about shoes and pedals and end up on unrideable handlebars in less than 20 posts.
It usually only takes 3-4 post for that. I'm kinda surprised it took that long honestly. A typical RM post-

Monkey A- I'm riding this weekend! Who's in?

B- I'm in!

C- B, you're back? I thought you broke your foot?

B- I did but it's feeling better since I got my new bike.

D- Awesome! How's the leverage curve on that new bike?

Monkey A-???

Last edited: