Quantcast

Funniest Chimp attack news story ever!

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Tragic yes. But the way the article was written just sounded too funny to be true. Like it was out of the Onion or something...never mind..

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
His testicles and a foot also were severed
Jesus... You don't really think of the chimps you see in a zoo as being that strong - of course, intellectually I know they are, but wow, they took the guy's whole foot off.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I saw that on the news this morning, not a damn thing funny 'bout it to me. Maybe if it was a cartoon or something but this was real life...

If the guy who got worked over was some jerk-off circus monkey tamer or something then maybe I'd think he got what he deserved but this guy seemed like an animal lover in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope he pulls through and isn't completely disfigured. From the reports it sounds like even if he lives he'll be pretty screwed up for life both physically and mentally.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
punkassean said:
I saw that on the news this morning, not a damn thing funny 'bout it to me. Maybe if it was a cartoon or something but this was real life...

If the guy who got worked over was some jerk-off circus monkey tamer or something then maybe I'd think he got what he deserved but this guy seemed like an animal lover in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope he pulls through and isn't completely disfigured. From the reports it sounds like even if he lives he'll be pretty screwed up for life both physically and mentally.
:stupid:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I feel bad for the man who got all messed up...and I feel really sad for the poor chimps...I can't believe the damn zoo keeper went to get a bigger weapon...grab a facken dart gun, dumb ass...maybe the chimps are better off if the zoo keeper is that f'n stupid. Poor monkeys.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i dont really feel to bad for a guy that was in a legal battle to get a pet chimp back that had already bitten one persons finger off. sorry to hear the guy got his grill and nads and foot all mangled but i think it is what happens when animals get pissed off they know that there is power in numbers.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
biggins said:
i dont really feel to bad for a guy that was in a legal battle to get a pet chimp back that had already bitten one persons finger off. sorry to hear the guy got his grill and nads and foot all mangled but i think it is what happens when animals get pissed off they know that there is power in numbers.

Now...you see why I suggested that if you ever get a pet you avoid the orphaned chimps?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i´ve read it now.
really sad... but having a foot ripped off by a monkey???? WTF???????? how can a monkey rip off a foot with bare hands???

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ALEXIS_DH said:
i´ve read it now.
really sad... but having a foot ripped off by a monkey???? WTF???????? how can a monkey rip off a foot with bare hands???
they used to be guerillas. :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ALEXIS_DH said:
i´ve read it now.
It was a cyborg monkey with a bionic arm and stainless steel serated teeth.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ALEXIS_DH said:
They didn't say that his foot was actually ripped off, my guess is there was some chewing involved ( :dead: ), but monkeys are STRONG. I wouldn't at all be suprised if a chimp could twist your foot right off your body.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
ALEXIS_DH said:
i´ve read it now.
twist...twist...twist...pull...POP

Its just that easy :eek:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Goddamn, what is up with the f'n zoo owners? How bout a fuggin dart gun...jeebus they can put animals way bigger'n a chimp down with a tranquilizer...assholes!
If it was someone I cared for being attacked and having body parts ripped off you can be damn sure I would have killed the chimps too.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Chimps a "playful" yet often violent nature, and they also have four times the muscle density of humans and a much less flawed physiology.
In short, a 100 pound chimp could beat the **** out of Mike Tyson.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dh girlie said:
Goddamn, what is up with the f'n zoo owners? How bout a fuggin dart gun...jeebus they can put animals way bigger'n a chimp down with a tranquilizer...assholes!
Adrenaline staves off the effect too. By the time the tranquilizer takes effect dude may be dead. If they go to all the trouble of puttin em up i'm sure this was a last resort.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Craw said:
Tragic yes. But the way the article was written just sounded too funny to be true. Like it was out of the Onion or something...never mind..

That's right. Turn around and Walk away.
;)

Ususally I'm the first to laugh at stuff like this, but not in this case.
Poor guy wasn't doing anything wrong. HE wasn't in the cage tempting fate.
The animals escaped!! Imagine you go to the Zoo and a Lion walks up and bites your face off. Is that funny?

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:

Uh.. Lisa... a Tranq takes a while to take effect. The chimps could have ripped off the dudes other leg or even killed him before it went down.
Plus, there are two of them and a dart gun only holds one dart. The guy would have to stop, and reload to hit the 2nd.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
oh... one more thing.
HIS chimp wasn't involved.

4 OTHER chimps got out. 2 males, 2 females. The males attacked the dude, and the females went to the neighbors house. The neighbors were petting them when the cops showed up.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
-BB- said:
oh... one more thing.

4 OTHER chimps got out. 2 males, 2 females. TEh makes attacked the dude, and the females went to the neighbors house. The neighbors were petting them when the cops showed up.
Haven't they learned from the prison system that if you lock something in a cage long enough it turns violent.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i read that story yesterday...the dude got seriously f'd up. lost an eye, had his nose chewed off, people already mentioned the 'nads and foot. holy damn.

note to self - when going to a chimpanzee birthday party, bring gifts for all the chimps in attendance.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
-BB- said:
Uh.. Lisa... a Tranq takes a while to take effect. The chimps could have ripped off the dudes other leg or even killed him before it went down.
Plus, there are two of them and a dart gun only holds one dart. The guy would have to stop, and reload to hit the 2nd.

Ok well it sounds like you're more of an expert on tranquilizing animals...either way the f'n zoo keepers were idiots...someone left the cage unlocked...totally irresponsible.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
-BB- said:
oh... one more thing.

4 OTHER chimps got out. 2 males, 2 females. TEh makes attacked the dude, and the females went to the neighbors house. The neighbors were petting them when the cops showed up.
Dude, his chimp set the whole thing up. It was payback for not keeping him out of the crappy zoo.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
-BB- said:
oh... one more thing.

One was a chick chimp, one was a dude chimp...where did you see that the other two were chillin with the neighbors? Holy crap...it's not like a stray puppy wandered into their yard...Can you just picture the scene? Ohhhh...well darn tootin, ma, look what just landed on our doorstep...why its a Chim PAN zee...