Quantcast

Funniest Chimp attack news story ever!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
dhtahoe said:
Haven't they learned from the prison system that if you lock something in a cage long enough it turns violent.
maybe a better question is, why haven't these poor chimps been rehabilitated?

CL

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:
One was a chick chimp, one was a dude chimp...where did you see that the other two were chillin with the neighbors? Holy crap...it's not like a stray puppy wandered into their yard...Can you just picture the scene? Ohhhh...well darn tootin, ma, look what just landed on our doorstep...why its a Chim PAN zee...

We had this stuff all over the local news since it was so close.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:
Ok well it sounds like you're more of an expert on tranquilizing animals...either way the f'n zoo keepers were idiots...someone left the cage unlocked...totally irresponsible.
Now THAT is something we agree on. :thumb:

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dhtahoe said:
Haven't they learned from the prison system that if you lock something in a cage long enough it turns violent.

LOL... looking at all the typo's in my post, maybe it wasn't smart to post a 6:30 on Saturday morning.
;)

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
This did not happen at a Zoo. It's a wildlife rescue place that takes in the animals that people should never have anyway. They also take in injured animals and birds.
These places are most of the time under funded and under staffed. My wife volunteered time at the Wildlife Waystation for awhile. She said it was pretty cool to be able to help but it was just a matter of time before something happened. She also told be all about some of the animals. The bears they had from the some circus that neglected them was really sad to hear about.

Bottom line is they go to a place like that or get put down.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
-BB- said:
We had this stuff all over the local news since it was so close.
between this, the mountain lion attacks, and that poor woman who was killed by those huge dogs last year, california is a tough place for animal-on-man violence.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how was the mountain lion attack related to human error? because the rider shouldn't have been on their bike on that trail at that specific time? that's like saying a surfer who got chowed by a shark was caused by human error. bad luck, maybe.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
how was the mountain lion attack related to human error? because the rider shouldn't have been on their bike on that trail at that specific time? that's like saying a surfer who got chowed by a shark was caused by human error. bad luck, maybe.

No, Jebus Kryst, for once do not take the defensive on something...human error meaning urban sprawl encroaching on the animals natural habitats...the animals have no place to call their own anymore. Surly bastard!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
No, Jebus Kryst, for once do not take the defensive on something...human error meaning urban sprawl encroaching on the animals natural habitats...the animals have no place to call their own anymore. Surly bastard!
if i can't correct yr ignorant ramblings, who will? skrdkshltss seems to be absent today.

:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Ok well hold off on any witty banter...I'm off to the dr. to find out why I've decided that sleep is not part of my agenda anymore.
Maybe the monkey love has something to do with it.

edit: Hope it's nothing major.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/03/06/ferocity_of_chimpanzee_attack_stuns_medics_leaves_questions/

Davis, who remained in critical condition Friday, was badly disfigured. According to his wife, he lost all the fingers from both hands, an eye, part of his nose, cheek and lips, and part of his buttocks. His foot was mutilated and his heel bone was cracked.

LaDonna, 61, said she was sitting at a table with her husband, getting ready to cut the chimp's birthday cake, when she saw the two other chimps out of the corner of her eye. Moe, according to other accounts, was still in his cage.

''I turned around and they started charging," she said. One of the chimps pushed her against her husband and at some point her left thumb was bit off, she said.

''James saw that, pushed me behind a table and took the brunt of everything else," she said.

Man, I can't believe Bonzo & Cheetah bit off all those fingers like they were grapes off the branch. Perhaps they didn't mean to chew off his peter...it was simply a case of being mistakenly identified as just another finger. :dead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh girlie
I love monkeys and apes and such...but from the safety of my living room

Sicko. I hope you make them wear condoms, that is how AIDS started.

Ever see that Tarzan Ape Man movie where Bo Derek gets herself some REAL hot :monkey: :love:? Funny how the monkey gave it to her doggy-style rather than :monkey: -style. :think:

vallEbikes

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
amherst mass
yea i read an article about this, the other chimps attacked him, after picking the lock to thier own cell. and the scariest part is the fact that they attacked because they were jelouse that one chimp got birthday cake and they didnt

holy crap