Quantcast

funniest thread to ever grace MTBR....

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
I can see where he's coming from though...when I go out to ride my mtn. bike the last thing I want to see decents, rocks, roots and mud.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Rocks !?!?!? Zomg No Wai. Rocks are not mountainbiking. I demand all rocks to be removed from mountains.

Thats like people bitching about the dual course at wisp not being perfectly groomed. It's mountain biking, not bmx racing.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
God forbid, mud at Snowshoe.........Can you imagine?
no way! its only one of the wettest places on the friggin' east coast of the US of A. and i mean COME ON, <insert god here> obviously placed massive amounts of rocks of all sizes on Snowshoe mountain so you WOULDN'T ride your bike there. its supposed to be a deterrent right? :biggrin:

im glad other people see the absolute hilarity in that guys decisiveness...geez, it almost makes you wonder if its actually a woman on the other end!

what does he want? complains about the technicality of the trails in the freeride park but then wants more/bigger drops,step-ups,gaps,etc. and all the equally hard(er) manmade stunts?....hmm....

me thinks you should be able to ride with your eyes closed on the most technical NATURAL trails before you go biting off more than you can chew and gNAR hucking yerself off massive ladder drops and the liking.

psh, rookies. :biggrin:

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Almost makes you wish the "Wild Zone" jump was still open. I'd love to see the huge donut of an O that kid's mouth would make hitting it in the wet. Talk about pucker factor but the sideslope after it has/had mad "flow" all the way down to the waterfall.

But...then again...he did do all the "roll-offs" up in the learning area like 20 times. Sad thing is, I think I have a King headset that's older than him.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
If you want to go BIG go to Diablo. They have better terrain for groomed big whatever he calls it. If you want to ride super techgnar and drag and drop decents go to Snowshoe. If only life was this simple.:lighten:

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I agree with Baxter, and if you want to go SUPER head west to the Great White North. (BC), north shore, whislter!!!!!!!!!!!!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I can sort of sympathize with the dude for not liking to ride in the mud. It's really hard on gear. But on the other hand, you have to have been living in a cave somewhere to not know that Snowshoe is typically muddy.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
the easiest way to find flow at Snowshoe is to follow a stream down the hill (it's typically running down the middle of the trail). :P

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
After reading the thread "which I thought was funny as hell" reminded me of talking to my 5yr old son lol. Anyways Ive never ridden at any place like snowshoe. Since my start Ive rode nothing but national forest but none the less see both sides opinions. You can find flow on non man sculpted trails-that comes with experiance. And since Im mostly riding downhill the thoughts of lift assisted/or shuttle service man made trails or not makes me wanna go to a bike park. Either way we all love to ride-and ride what we like to ride period.
(opinions are like assholes...everyone has one)

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
After reading the thread "which I thought was funny as hell" reminded me of talking to my 5yr old son lol. Anyways Ive never ridden at any place like snowshoe. Since my start Ive rode nothing but national forest but none the less see both sides opinions. You can find flow on non man sculpted trails-that comes with experiance. And since Im mostly riding downhill the thoughts of lift assisted/or shuttle service man made trails or not makes me wanna go to a bike park. Either way we all love to ride-and ride what we like to ride period.
(opinions are like assholes...everyone has one)
you're from "waynsesboro"? :busted:

where have you been riding around there? thats a really central location that is close to all kinds of badass trails.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Personally, I think Waynsesboro is central to nothing but ****e. You have the great Sherando area which is even better than the Green. Other than that every thing else is an hour away.
Though how I do love some bald knob action. Yes Yes:popcorn:

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
I hate when people complain about resorts being too hard for them. There is a reason for the trail level signs and a reason why you sign a waiver when you go, you can crash and it can get difficult. So if you dont like it find a different sport, like ice curling.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
I love the sherando area...and yes the trails are badass...but the problem is finding someone to ride with and right now my wife shuttles me. If I had someone to ride and shuttle with Id stick to the sherando area over anything, and Im not sure yet if Ill stray from it to go to a bike park of anykind anyways. I was just saying that the lifts and shuttling service sounds nice. And I agree Im in a kinda central location. I cant complain-I was going to move away from here until I was reintroduced to biking. Now I do not wanna go anywhere. So mtwhore whats bald knob like?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, hey, give Baxter a shout (or PM) and then, HE can show you not only where, but HOW to ride....:D

[edit] show US how to ride.... :D [/edit]

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
I am within spiting distance to bald knob everyday. I would love to schedule a ride most any evening.
Bald knob to the lake is the total package. Ups and downs techi short climbs rock gardens of every shape and size. down to the swooping roller coaster white rock gap. You guys give me a shout. Its time to rape torry ridge.