Quantcast

funny deal

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i was riding with my friend, and he said his old frame and fork are going to waste..i'm like how much since i wanted a hardtail..he says 40, so i'm like okay..i get an e13 bash, a haro hardtail frame(made for 26") and a duro fork, a 110 buck bb, forgot what it is, a seat post and a "have fun" i'm thinking of getting the headset together, throwing some bmx wheels on it...how safe is that? would it be alright? would it fit? i want to jump it!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
It will be fine! It's super-fun. Just make sure your rear 110mm BMX hubs works with your 135mm spaced frame and you're golden! Also, try to find a 110mm hub w/ disc mounts! And if your frame is for V-brakes just re-weld your posts to work w/ 20" wheels! Sweet dude! One other thing to look for is a BMX hub that'll work with your fork! Awesome!!! Roxxorz oneo1olonmeo1one!!!

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
hmm..i might in time, buy 24's and actually make it nice.i was thinking, i got an old sta500 frame i could use, but nah..i need to find bearings, i got the cups to use, but well no bearings..everything else, for a 20" is good to go.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah dude, totally just go 20" it's sooo much easier more reliable cheaper and cooler on a mountain bike frame your bike will handle sooooo good. Trust me just do it you'll be happy you did!

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i'm learning to weld, hello custom frame someday!!!!!
i'm going to weld a frame(with an arc) and just get the bb, headset post, seat post, and maybe the rear triangle..use it as a hardtail..maybe i can make the Giant Glory, someday!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hell yeah dude, just weld some regular ol steel into a Glory! You'd have a sick bike! Steel is real! Roxxorzs one01one1onenm1o1n1