Quantcast

Funny local news story about a real live Grinch

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
dh girlie said:
Well bitching neighbor gone or not, the city has still imposed an ordinance...the guy will have to obtain a permit and as he says in the story, he's not going to bother because of all the inevitible restrictions.
Then how is he getting away with the giant Grinch?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
I went to see Thrashing Doves in St Louis several years ago and they played Phantasmagoria in between sets. That is one of my favorite all time albums. I listen to the tape in a walkman on road rides quite often. Was it "Anything" that followed??? With a bad assed Spanish theme for Alone Again Or. The neighbor should blast Phantasmagoria in the front yard for effect. :thumb: Thanks for making me think of that today. My spirits were lifted.
that was the 1st damned record i ever got, back in college...then i think i got _strawberries_ and filled in the gaps. _anything_ is after _phantasmagoria_. i thought that "alone again or" was the best thing on that record; too bad when it's a cover (Love wrote and recorded the song, and i don't mean ms. hole).

calexico does a great version too, and it fits in w/ their tex-mex sound quite nicely. they did it when we saw 'em a couple weeks ago. they also covered "jesus and tequila" from the minutemen. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Tully said:
Then how is he getting away with the giant Grinch?
Since they are not giving away cookies or accepting toy donations, they are not violating the ordinance. I hope everyone within 200 miles drives down that street, just to show the idiots of the world that new laws are not the answer to every problem.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Since they are not giving away cookies or accepting toy donations, they are not violating the ordinance. I hope everyone within 200 miles drives down that street, just to show the idiots of the world that new laws are not the answer to every problem.
They should all honk too.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
ya know, instead of COMPLAINING about it, neighbor guy could have used it to his advantage....like charge for parking in his driveway or something. if i were him i would be pulling people aside and being like, "dude, if i let you park on the curb here, will you go over there and score me a bunch of cookies?"

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
ya know, instead of COMPLAINING about it, neighbor guy could have used it to his advantage....like charge for parking in his driveway or something. if i were him i would be pulling people aside and being like, "dude, if i let you park on the curb here, will you go over there and score me a bunch of cookies?"
Maybe Stoney is his neighbor too and got this other guy thinking, "if that Stoney guy is such a drama queen, why can't I be???"

Neighbor - "Hello, city council, this is the neighborhood drama queen and I want to bitch. This guy's Christmas music is drowning out my Avril Lavigne while I am going bang, bang, bang for 2 minutes on one of my many ladies." His lights are putting my hoes in a bad mood when they pull up. Please pass an ordinance."

City Council Dude - "we got another Stoney here, better pass an ordinance."

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco said:
Maybe Stoney is his neighbor too and got this other guy thinking, "if that Stoney guy is such a drama queen, why can't I be???"

Neighbor - "Hello, city council, this is the neighborhood drama queen and I want to bitch. This guy's Christmas music is drowning out my Avril Lavigne while I am going bang, bang, bang for 2 minutes on one of my many ladies." His lights are putting my hoes in a bad mood when they pull up. Please pass an ordinance."

City Council Dude - "we got another Stoney here, better pass an ordinance."

HAHAHAHA!

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Corrected for that little extra something ;)
What would be cooler is if BigMike's friend had that lit up hoodie thing going. :thumb: