Quantcast

Funny Woot! today.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
http://www.woot.com

Kind of a bizarre Woot offering today. You get a digital camera, capturing a paltry 0.3 megapixels (yes, you read that right - that's 640x480 resolution). It's "focus free" (i.e. fixed focus), automatic everything, with 8mb of non-expandable memory. It does not accept further memory cards.

So, it sound like a piece of crap (which it is), except that today you get two of them for $11.99, plus the standard $5 Woot shipping charge.

Seems like a great thing to give to a kid, or throw in your Camelbak and not care how hard you ride.

Just thought I'd post this up for those of you who don't check Woot daily. The cameras are junk but at this price, totally disposable. And no film developing fees!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I like the first paragraph....

Step back for a moment and consider the wonders of the digital age. Take the seemingly humble Vivitar 3350B digital camera/USB webcam. The despots of antiquity, for all their golden palaces and burly footmen, never possessed such a wonder. Nebuchadnezzar would’ve swapped his most treasured harem girls for one of these babies in a Babylon minute. “A device that captures a perfect image of events, and also sends moving pictures? And yet it tucks neatly ‘neath the folds of my tunic? ‘Tis truly a marvel beyond reckoning! Marduk be praised! Let’s kill some goats!” And you get two for a mere twelve bucks!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
That's nasty.

Stosh, click the picture of the cameras, it'll show you the full picture that's reflected in the lens.
been there done that! :)