Quantcast

Furry to Fury at the Otter

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Nice first hit, when i saw the 3D drawing of the struture I was wondering what they were going to do with it.

I wonder if we can get some pics posted as it's going along?

Who's going around here?

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
In my opinion, it looks to be one of those jumps that shoots you far, not high. I don't see the possiblity of 3's, or tailwhips. I do see the possibility of backflips, barspins, and other assorted everyday tricks, IMO.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
nice looks like they are finally stepping it up this year at the otter, they should turn the bmx guys who are dialed glam tricks you might see some firsts...

double back x-up will win this comp just my prediction.

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
In my opinion, it looks to be one of those jumps that shoots you far, not high. I don't see the possiblity of 3's, or tailwhips. I do see the possibility of backflips, barspins, and other assorted everyday tricks, IMO.
someone will definitely 3 that. I mean, people are 3'in drops w/ no lip on big bikes...i'm sure someone on a hardtail will 3 that. I'm willing to say that people will 3, tail whip, and back flip that in the final heats. The run in doesnt look much different than the Wham Bam Thank You Jam....just a lil bigger.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i was right there at the fence watching a good portion of it. insanely sick. as far as speed, there definitely wasn't too much of it from what i saw. if they over or under shot the two first jumps the last one seemed pretty hard. if i recall correctly, john jesme flipped the first hit and kind of over shot the landing, but he seriously flowed the sh!t out of the second jump right after so he could make it through. very impressive on how well he was able to i guess "pump?" the second one..

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah I was there for a lot of it too. Although it looked short, the riders had enough of a roll-in on the first hit that I could hear some grabbing a little brake and scrubbing speed. The landing transitions were huge but not so steep. Riders who hit them right had no problem carrying speed but if they landed deep in the tranny they would have to pedal like crazy to get the next hit, and there were lots of cased landings. The air time was crazy, enough for strait to pull a double-whip and almost land a three-double whip.

I can't imagine how it would feel to hit that big crap with all the wind. Friggin sketchy.