Quantcast

Fvck it, going to become a hermit!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
[rant]

Most people in Phoenix have the common sense and respect for their neighbors to have their yard help come during the week. Nothing wakes people up better then the high pitched whine of a leaf blower or chain saw.

Yet my next door neighbors have their guy here at 0800 on Saturday mornings.

And the neighbor across the street has an army of tree people here today, cutting down everything in sight. The road is full of worker vehicles, which makes it damn near impossible to navigate the road as its almost a single lane.

What the **** is it with rich people? I can afford to live here because my GF is a lawyer too, and the housing market crashed in Phoenix. Otherwise, we'd be the local ghetto folk.

But at the same time, I have the goddamn common sense to not book people with power tools on a weekend. Its just rude. I get one day a week where I can actually sleep in. No 0600 emails or calls to answer, no one expecting me to do anything. And then came the little motors...

Ok, end rant.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
[rant]

Most people in Phoenix have the common sense and respect for their neighbors to have their yard help come during the week. Nothing wakes people up better then the high pitched whine of a leaf blower or chain saw.

And the neighbor across the street has an army of tree people here today, cutting down everything in sight. The road is full of worker vehicles, which makes it damn near impossible to navigate the road as its almost a single lane.

What the **** is it with rich people? I can afford to live here because my GF is a lawyer too, and the housing market crashed in Phoenix. Otherwise, we'd be the local ghetto folk.

But at the same time, I have the goddamn common sense to not book people with power tools on a weekend. Its just rude. I get one day a week where I can actually sleep in. No 0600 emails or calls to answer, no one expecting me to do anything. And then came the little motors...

Ok, end rant.
a white persons problem....a brown person making a buck.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Brown folk don't need to be earning a buck on a weekend in my neighborhood.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
There's yard work to be done in Phoenix? All I've ever seen were rocks and cacti in peoples yards.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I live in one of the old "Silk Stockings" neighborhoods. Everyone has a lawn, and a pool. The front lawn is mandated and enforced by the HOA Nazis. They even have some little douche nozzle riding around in a golf cart with a ruler and a camera to enforce it.

Cool house, crazy ass neighbors.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Move to the West Side.
Only thing waking you at 0500 on a Saturday morning will be the calming sound of someone emptying a full magazine behind the tattoo supply store and the ghetto bird making its rounds, including using their megaphone and having the search light come through your bedroom windows.

That all happened in the last week btw...and dozens of times a year...

I love Phoenix!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Rich people don't trust people with useful trades so they feel the need to watch over them and ask dumb questions like, "Shouldn't you be doing it like.......?"

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Sunning the gunt does sound like a pretty good plan. Maybe paper over my front yard with foil to really drive up the UV exposure.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Now you're getting it. Don't forget the pink flamingos.
Those are already on the scene.

Kind of wish I was still in Seattle. Stole a bunch of pink flamingos one night in the Queen Anne. Later, in the same drunken fit of cleptomania, I also took a bunch of yard gnomes from near by communities. Later that morning I woke up in the middle of a battle royale of Gnomes V. Flamingos in the yard. Complete with weapons I had made in the garage.

I look back on those days as my more creative drinking days.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
[rant]

Ok, end rant.
Cry me a river.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You rnot already up at 0800? Damn son, Bu then I am three pots of coffe and going strong. 0500 is a normal time for me to be awake.

Cry Baby!!!
I am often not up before 8am. But that's because when all you slackers are sleeping at 3 am I am still awake, being productive.

Psh! Slacker! :p

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Move your ass to Germany, that sh!t is straight up illegal hereabouts. All we do here is drink and crash bikes on Sunday...Familientag, dontchaknow...