Quantcast

Fvck UPS, might need to pic a new fork.

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
So I had EPed a Pike 454 Air u-turn for my .243 and UPS lost it, and even worse is that Quality is out of them for over a month. So, what the heck should I put on it if I cant get another one of these. Basically, the bike will be used for street/park and some DJ. I am pushing 200lbs and like to do good sized drops and want this bike for all around use. I liked the fact that the Pike is 110-150 travel and has a 20mm axel.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I say another model Pike. I own a 36 and for trail riding it's perfect but it's really linear and I wouldn't want to run it for DJ/Street/FR. Another cheap short term option would be a Marzocchi DJ that's older and used until you can get the fork you really want.

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
I am at the point where I might get a DJ1 and flip it when I get my Pike. I love the Talus 36, but it is not the right fork for me on this bike.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
if you're 200lbs and doing "good sized drops" i'm thinking an air fork might not be the way to go. I'd look into a sherman anything or possibly a DJ as long as you're comfortable with the stiff suspension. I just put one of the new Gold Labels on my dirt jump/urban bike and I absolutely love it, but its definitely stiff and isn't very forgiving if you nose-case a lip like a trail fork is.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I say get an old Dirt Jumper and then wait till you can get a Pike 426 Coil U-turn 90-140mm. It can be lowered further and it's stronger.