Quantcast

~~~Fvck Yeah Its Friday GMT~~~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

The work week is almost at an end!!! I finally get to take my new (to me) downhill bike out for the first time tomorrow. I can't effing wait :weee: :rockout: :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, folks! It is Bike to Work Day, and I did not bike in because I am too damn lazy to do everything else required to make the 70 mile round trip bike commute (bring extra clothes, extra food, shower stuff, mount lights on the bike, get up earlier).

Speaking of which, MBC is doing a duathlon Sunday and I am very jealous. 5K run, 16 mile bike, 5K run. Stupid knee. I'll handle sherpa and photog duties though. And as jealous as I am, my happiness for MBC trumps that. She's been dealing with injuries for the last year and I am thrilled that she's turned the corner on those and is coming back strong.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Back to working normal hours, huzzah.

Will be working all weekend though, again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
platty weekend! packing took longer than expected last night, because apparently i had to take the cats to the vet.

woke up to the sewer being backed up again. awesome.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo,

Despite the onset of 'old guy' injuries (self inflicted by not warming up, etc) from BMX stuff, I had a good ride last night:

Fam ride Sat, then off to Splatterkill/derp Sunday to meet up Kranky and Sammich for a little rusty DH 'action'.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
yup. as the other geezers call it "out for a sunday drive"
My old body feels like crap right now, so you whipper snappers better not lead me down some nasty chutes Sunday. And yes, it is a pleasant 1.5 hour Sunday drive from my haus through picturesque Schoharie County to Platty! Might even hit a yard sale or 2! :D

EDIT: still regretting passing up an early 80's BMX bike at one of those Platty trip yard sales....

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Waiting on a pivot bolt in order to fix my trail bike. I hope it comes in the mail today.

Go MBC!

I'm jealous of you right coasters getting to ride the lifts already. We have another month to wait and a lot of snow yet to melt.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning.
Waiting on a pivot bolt in order to fix my trail bike. I hope it comes in the mail today.

Go MBC!

I'm jealous of you right coasters getting to ride the lifts already. We have another month to wait and a lot of snow yet to melt.
this is the third weekend platty has been open. same for mt creek too i think

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
PS, think I just became on of "those" parents - just ordered my kid a Giro Remedy CF helmet as a kindergarten graduation gift....wow.

What's worse? I am thinking about this one for me:

My saving grace, I suppose: not trying to build a 6 lb mini....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good morning.

Go MBC!

I think Whistler opens today...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
dude, you should get the Eddie helmet for Ewan!!!
Yeah, but it's too heavy for him and he has trouble with D rings. CF remedy is light & easy for him to get on/off (he's wearing my old medium but it makes him look like a turtle as it's big).

Also, would not be thrilled for my 5 year old riding around with this on the back of his head:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Yesterday, I returned some **** to Harbor Freight, got Ben & Jerry's cones with the wife, went on a walk with her and the baby, and did a 9ish mile trail ride, slowly.

Today I plan on being far less productive.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Today is taco truck Friday, which is not much different than taco truck mon-thurs. I'm heading out to shoot photos of spring farming action - mainly hops and tree fruit. Trails were wicked sandy last night. Hopefully the rain clouds hiding in the foothills drop down and dump their h20.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin all,

I got out for my first real "xc" ride yesterday. 2.5 hours, and my body wasn't hurting despite some decent climbing. It seems that the crossfit classes are paying off. The bike is dialed (wolftooth narrow-wide profile teeth are the real deal), new bike rack works awesome (1up), and the beers in the parking lot tasted great.

Only glitch in a perfect evening was my 2.5 year old waking up from 1:30 am to 3:30 am. Had to go to him like 8x. Coffee's tasting great today... At least my 3 month old smiled and laughed with me this morning.

Looking forward to the Canadian long weekend...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
moring monkeys , my weekend just got focked down sizing the office where i work and some how i have been voluntered for moving detail . soon to be unemployed :thumbsdown:.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Hiiiii :)
Rode in today, with slight mechanical difficulties... one side of my rack's screws came out so it felt like I had a shake-weight going side to side every time I hit a bump! I'm pretty sure I burned extra calories though!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
One of my foremen just frantically called and said he needed to bail from our current job.
Something about wife in labor or some nonsense.
Thanks to that selfish MF I need to bail on working on my boat and re-organize our production schedule for next week.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dan-o your foreman that bailed get's to be your helper on the boat next weekend....ben hur style....

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
moring monkeys , my weekend just got focked down sizing the office where i work and some how i have been voluntered for moving detail . soon to be unemployed :thumbsdown:.
Um, if I was just informed that I was being let go, I sure as hell wouldn't be moving their stuff on the weekend.