Quantcast

fvcking aurora colorado

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if my wife were still working at the jail, she likely would've inprocessed him (assuming he went to arapahoe co & not disappeared to a fed'l black site)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Holmes entered through an emergency exit, threw a gas bomb and then opened fire, killing at least 13 people including a baby which he shot [at] point-blank range.
**** this guy and the parent(s) who brought the baby

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Dearest random Facebook people who keep confusing me for a mass murderer and yet still send me Facebook requests.;

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to become better-informed about the occurrences last night in Aurora, but you have been somewhat mislead, in that I am not the man who did it. I am not a 24-year-old gun-slinging killer from Aurora, I am a 22-year-old book-slinging mass eater from Littleton. Somewhat distinct, I would assume. But I would appreciate if you would read this particular post an not assume that it would be interesting to be friends with someone on Facebook who is very probably going to be in jail and not be able to confirm your friend requests anyway, or even be friends with his girlfriend, who had the rather interesting experience of having to tell someone she had a job interview with that she is not, in fact dating a serial killer. James Holmes happens to be a pretty common name, surprisingly, so try not to jump the gun.

Regards, A different guy named James Holmes

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I know I would never have been a victim.
I DON"T GO TO FvCKING MOVIES.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I know I would never have been a victim.
I DON"T GO TO FvCKING MOVIES.
I hadn't been in years and couldn't believe it was $15 for one ticket for Prometheus in 3D - it wasn't even an IMAX 3D theater.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
It is what that is in people's hearts not in people's hands. There are too many "I cant deal with life" cry babies in this country. Once life gets a little hard for them the get all depressed and do this.
This nanny state we live in now is to blame. Once they here they suck and cant make it for the first time in their life at age 24 they go crazy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shocking, but not really shocking at the same time. This **** sucks and my heart goes out to all of those who were lost and those people that will be affected by this.

The not-shocking statement comes from having lived in Aurora for a few years. I lived pretty close to this very theatre, right off of Potomac, inbetween 6th Ave and Colfax (closer to Colfax). If you know the area or have ever had the displeasure of cruising through Aurora on Colfax or anywhere around there, you'll know what a dump and crime ridden place it is.

Is there a list of victims anywhere? My ex wife still lives there with my daughter and I haven't heard from them in a while.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It is what that is in people's hearts not in people's hands. There are too many "I cant deal with life" cry babies in this country. Once life gets a little hard for them the get all depressed and do this.
This nanny state we live in now is to blame. Once they here they suck and cant make it for the first time in their life at age 24 they go crazy.
Yeah, that's it! It's the nanny state we live in now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
With DirtyMike here. One of the guys I work with was there. He wasn't shot, thankfully, but it get really scary when you have someone close to you involved.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
:( Sorry to hear, peaceful vibes heading your way.

Any gun/anti-gun argument of mine will be kept to the other thread in P&WN.
Sorry to hear that. All the best wishes to you and his family.
Condolences.
Thanks guys, I had a long interesting day today. This was a friend that turned a different path, a path I was not going to take. Honestly I am surprised it happened like this instead of during a drug deal or something like that..... Just sucks because Last I spoke with him he was coming out of rehab four years ago and rebuilding his life. Never tried to really reconnect at that point, none the less his girl called me and told me what happened.................. What a way to wake up EH?

Bottom line is that in life you never know what is going to happen, when it does and your time is up, you should know that you have already made peace with your life and be ready at any time.

Depression and mental illness are a serious problem, I will not go back and forth as to who or what is at fault. We have Way too many people who will already point the fingers for that. This man was obviously sick and needed help. While I He obviously needs help at the same time he still needs to pay for his actions, hopefully he will get enough help so he can understand what his actions were, so he can truly feel what he did, so he knows what an evil act he committed before he meets his own death.

If you know someone you believe is suffering from depression or other mental illness's speak up and work them into help, you never know what the stress-er will be for someone to act out in a way such as this and hurt others. There is no explanation that will ever make sense for this mans actions, so do not try to pick it apart to make sense of it. Truth is it happened, now it has to be dealt with.

Stay safe out there monkey's, you never know when your time is up

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
**** this guy and the parent(s) who brought the baby
Taking a baby to a movie at night is hardly a reason to imply that they deserve this.

Baby potentially short on sleep one night? Who gives a sh!t!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stinkle...i should have taken a picture of the model father who had his 2-3 year old with him to see TED at 10:30 in the morning.

i would hope the tyke remembers and recites the "parsnip" line at daycare...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
When I freak out and try to kill people I'm going to do it in Noway!!!
Norway always perplexed me. They are rich as hell due to the oil and great social support so they are better off than 99.999% of the countries. They also have a no guns police but on the other hand they have a really high gun per capita ratio (not the US one but is is 1st by nearly 30% differance over Serbia and Yemen) as well as a high suicide ratio due to a dark winter. Their shops are also strangely ill eqiuped and the smaller ones don't have **** in them. Not to mention them being very anti alcohol. At least on the legislative level.

Though all the people I met from Norway are awesome people who like to get terminally drunk and are cool people. Even if a bit strange at times.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Waiting for the "if those peoples had guns there would be no massacre" comments from gun nuts. I really wonder if they just want a mass shootout.
Well...

Gunman walks into a dark room with 100 or so people who are mostly unarmed and expects to take out a bunch, potentially to have some return fire (as he was geared up for it). Self-preservation is at least SOME priority to this individual, since 1) he geared up with armor and 2) he didn't take his own life and 3) he didn't resist arrest and go down in a hail of gunfire.

Let's say EVERY person in that room had a loaded firearm. Do you REALLY think the same thing would have happened? I don't mean someone would have shot him first, or before he killed as many people as he did - I mean, would there have even been a shooting AT ALL? No matter how deranged our lunatic specimen is in this circumstance, I bet the hair off my balls that said lunatic would not run into a room full of people all armed and loaded who are all facing him in an theater setting and start firing.

When nobody in the room has a gun, nobody has any power.

When one person in the room has a gun, that person has ALL the power.

When a few people in the room have a gun, they each have some of the power.

When everybody in the room has a gun, again, nobody has any power.

Last edited:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
I'd predict that if everyone in the dark cinema had a gun then in the ensuing confusion a lot more than one person would have shot a lot more than 12 people.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'd predict that if everyone in the dark cinema had a gun then in the ensuing confusion a lot more than one person would have shot a lot more than 12 people.
That. Smoke granades, dark cinema + shooting = panicked armed people - it would not end up well.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If everyone had guns we'd be safe just like they were back in the Wild West - a real Tea Party "Paradise". Gun control has ruined the safety we used to enjoy:

the interval for all of southern and central California was between 60 and 70 per 100,000 adults per year—seven times the homicide rate in the United States today (and 28.7 standard deviations away)
To appreciate how violent the West was, we need to consider not only the annual homicide rate, but the risk of being murdered over time. For instance, the adult residents of Dodge City faced a homicide rate of at least 165 per 100,000 adults per year, meaning that 0.165 percent of the population was murdered each year—between a fifth and a tenth of a percent. That may sound small, but it is large to a criminologist or epidemiologist, because it means that an adult who lived in Dodge City from 1876 to 1885 faced at least a 1 in 61 chance of being murdered—1.65 percent of the population was murdered in those 10 years. An adult who lived in San Francisco, 1850-1865, faced at least a 1 in 203 chance of being murdered, and in the eight other counties in California that have been studied to date, at least a 1 in 72 chance. Even in Oregon, 1850-1865, which had the lowest minimum rate yet discovered in the American West (30 per 100,000 adults per year), an adult faced at least a 1 in 208 chance of being murdered.
Can't ignore that he had armor either. The suspect in Aurora is said to have respected law enforcement and warned them of the traps in his apartment so he wasn't looking for a shootout with them:

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Perhaps, but just ONE armed person with some experience would have forced the attacker to focus on him, allowing countless others to escape. Being the armed citizen in a situation like that will likely be suicidal but at least the attacker won't be shooting at the unarmed any longer.
I'm not an advocate for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to carry concealed, some people just don't have it in them to kill someone if necessary or are smart enough to take the time to train with it, but I refuse to be a lamb at slaughter to anyone who would do harm to me, my family, or other innocent parties.
This tragedy reaffirmed my practice of carrying everywhere I go in public...I couldn't live with myself if I had been in that audience unarmed and impotent to do anything about it.

But..lets have a knee-jerk reaction, remove bayonet lugs and flash suppressors from AR platform rifles so they don't look as scary, and what-if the situation to death without the slightest real-world firearms experience to go on. It looks like Senator Frank Lautenberg will be taking lessons from Al Sharpton on politicizing this tragedy here pretty soon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
This tragedy reaffirmed my practice of carrying everywhere I go in public...I couldn't live with myself if I had been in that audience unarmed and impotent to do anything about it.
that's all fine and dandy....but when you accidentally blow off an innocent bystanders head....please don't fight the death penalty.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Every pro gunner in here is the reason why most of the civilized world thinks "Mericans" are a bunch of mentally retarted cowboys.
We actually think this and we are a majority, accept it.
The only reason why you dont see this is because guns are embedded in your culture and your way of life.
Anyone who thinks firearms are a solution to this problem is simply wrong. Examples of triggerhappy hero's saving an occaisional life in a situation like the one in Denver are but an insignificant number compared to armed crime rates in the US or in any other country for that matter.

Yes these things have happened in other countries, but as has been said before, incidents like this have been rare outside the US.
This doesnt mean our stricter gun laws dont work, it simply means they dont work as they should YET.
The gun problem is relatively new to most countries so this probably implies gun laws should be even stricter or the laws arent being held up as they should be.
We should work toward a system where guns are harder to get and harder to abuse, hopefully this logic will catch on in the US some day.
I think its allready getting better in the US but some people should just have some sense slapped into them.

Anyone who thinks having a gun on them for protection isnt the solution, you ARE the problem.