Quantcast

fxr

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
things that make you go: buggghh!
we just got an FXR in the shop and the shock feels weird. you know the way some new zokies feel right out of the box? all un-broken in and like they don't switch from compression to rebound smoothly? thats how the rear shock feels, but more so. we called the foes tech dude and he said that you can't compare currnuts to any other shock out there you just have to ride it. (?!?!?) good marketing, but not what i want to hear from a 'tech' guy after just buying a $4,000 bike that feels right out of wally-world. i'll update yall if it gets better with time.
on the positive side, the frame felt stiff, flickable, and the geo was right on for a trail bike. you hop on and feel at home and then forget that the bike is under you.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
I almost bought an 04 a while back now im glad i didnt. im just going to have to wait a while before i get mine in.word on the street is brent foes lost one of his welders so mr.foes himself is welding all the frames.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
So aside from looking damn sexy, anybody know what the real differences in feel on the trail will be between the 06 FXR and the past few years' models? It also looks like you lose a little standover height due to the straight top tube.

Stoked there's a 6" version on the new one too...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
its way stiffer with a beefer rear end. 2:1 rear susp is gonna allow you to run a lighter spring. uniterupted seatpost. new curnutt rear suspension.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
greenchris said:
its way stiffer with a beefer rear end. 2:1 rear susp is gonna allow you to run a lighter spring. uniterupted seatpost. new curnutt rear suspension.
'Way stiffer' than what was already one of the stiffest bikes out there? dayumn. I agree the uninterrupted post is sweet.

What diff will the lighter spring make? More plush through its travel? And what's different about the new curnutt? Loved the old one, but its certainly more harsh on small bumps than the DHX on my Yeti. Did they make it more small-bump compliant? Thanks for the info...