Quantcast

fyi - US Open @ Mtn. Creek registration open

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
that's the same weekend as snowshoe's freeride fest. oh well, it looks better. you think we should preregister for sure? how many hour drive will it be?

yeah, i think i'll roll up there too.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
ahaaa, SKETCHY!!! Yeah dude, you should definitely pre-register - it's only open to 150 people/class so if 150 pre-register, you get left out in the cold. I imagine all the slots will be filled. Should be ~3 hr from Columbia, definitely a lot closer than Snowshoe.

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
I'll carpool. I have to register this week sometime. what do you 2 think (DBR & Animal Mother) should i race the AC 1 but w/ a chainguide up front or drop the dough on a full DH rig? I'm still up in the air.
--z--

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yo Ben, I'm definitely in on that carpool. Mark too I assume?

Zach, if you're gonna buy a DH bike, buy it for this race - that's what it pretty much comes down to...

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
I'd like to go, especially if there's an empty seat. Would the Evil handle this, or would the course give me the fear? My mental attitude hasn't fully recovered from Wintergreen.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by DßR
yo Ben, I'm definitely in on that carpool. Mark too I assume?

Zach, if you're gonna buy a DH bike, buy it for this race - that's what it pretty much comes down to...
Dan-
The Burban seats six. Mark is in... and you're too. Your seat has been reserved.

Zach-
You know my answer... ;) BUY IT NOW!!!!! Wanna seat?

Brian-
Hmmmmm I've HEARD the course is kinda gnarly but that's just an opinion. You probably wouldn't be breaking any land speed records on a hardtail but I'm sure the Evil will be able to handle it... I'm going to make the assumption that the FreeRide park is going to be open that weekend also (at least I hope so because between racing I'd like to be playing... anyone know?!?!?). So if nothing else, just come along and ride. Let me know if you want a seat.

b

p.s. I'm pulling a trailer so bring as many bikes, beers, and gear as you need.

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
If there's places to just go and play, I don't need to race. It should be an awesome event just to be at, but with all those bikes I might lose it if I don't have anywhere to ride. If that's the case, I want in and can pitch in with someone for gas if that's cool.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Check out the thread in the DH forum, race entry includes 2 full days of lift service, but limited time on the course. So you can ride all day fri and sat.

I'm going and visiting my parents and HS friends, so no carpooling for me; but I'll see ya there!

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
here is an email responce from the people at MC...

Julio,
Thank you for your interest in the Diablo Freeride Park. Yes, the
freeride park will remain open during the U.S. Open race. There may be
a
few trail closures to accommodate the course but 90% of the other
trails
will still be open.

Thanks again. We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Shawn Orecchio
General Manager

hey ben, got room for one more?

julio

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by jmvar

hey ben, got room for one more?

julio

Julio, Zack, and Brian-

You're in... Mark is going to drive also. We'll have about 8-10 seats all together. So we're officially full now.

Here's the list:
Me
Mark
Dan
Brian
Zack
Julio
Chelsea
Katie
Sarah
and of course Angus, Otis, and Ellie!

Warning:
The Suburban pulling a trailer fully loaded with people and gear doesn't exactly sip fuel... Will be about $15-20 per person for gas round trip.

I'm looking into the local campsites and will update you on that situation soon.

ben

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
[Quizote]

Here's the list:
Me
Mark
Dan
Brian
Zack
Julio
Chelsea
Katie
Sarah

Warning:
The Suburban pulling a trailer fully loaded with people and gear doesn't exactly sip fuel... Will be about $15-20 per person for gas round trip.

[Quizote]

sounds good man. lookin forward to it.
--z--

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
The Mtn. Creek guys just posted something on HCOR saying that they've had to change the schedule posted on the site, so now it's Friday-Saturday-Sunday (i have to un-do my correction above).

I can leave whenever, but the butt-crack of dawn on Friday sounds fine, or maybe Thursday night to make it a lot easier....

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
I'm not going to be racing, just riding the park, watching the pros and getting picks of the crew. So Friday is the day I'm going to need off work, not Monday? One other question, does anyone know where to get a lift ticket for those days? If one is included with race registration, what about us non-racers? Can we just get one when we get there?

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by Animal Mother
Julio, Zack, and Brian-

You're in... Mark is going to drive also. We'll have about 8-10 seats all together. So we're officially full now.

Here's the list:
Me
Mark
Dan
Brian
Zack
Julio
Chelsea
Katie
Sarah

Warning:

I'm looking into the local campsites and will update you on that situation soon.

ben
Alright all-

If you're on the list above and I don't have your email, please PM me with it. I'm going to send an update out to everyone on and keep a personal email chain going on this so we're all on the same page. Just reserved camping today. I'll forward all details soon...

Thanks-
ben