Quantcast

Gēt ît üp šætùrdãÿ GMT

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
:wave:

Heading Sedona in 2 hours. Wife’s sister has a place there. We’ve never been. As lame as it sounds I actually looking forward to just hiking.
Sedona sucks and I hate you for going there. Hope you have a miserable time biking and hiking.

Meanwhile I've spent an hour snowblowing at -12F.... :twitch:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Karting to happen later. Haley blew through a LOT of races, so I get to buy more, which hurts. Thankfully our Costco cashback checks all showed up, so it's not new money coming out of pocket - we consider cashback, etc. as bonuses since we were going to spend the base amount anyways.

She's holding 2nd fastest for the month in jr's and was 3rd last month (iirc) and consistently in that .3 sec range now. Can't wait for it to warm up and get her outside into gas karts. We're going to CA, TN, and TX this summer and she wants to make it a point of going to a track in each place while she's there to try new ones.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC

Back is possibly a bit better? I certainly learned a lesson and will wear more appropriate shoes when walking on ice from now on instead of some worn out sneakers with zero tread. Hoping this doesn’t end snowboarding for the season.

Now for a late breakfast and coffee.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Back is possibly a bit better? I certainly learned a lesson and will wear more appropriate shoes when walking on ice from now on instead of some worn out sneakers with zero tread. Hoping this doesn’t end snowboarding for the season.

Now for a late breakfast and coffee.
These

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ikea got some damn good service. I was able to book an phone consultation to order the countertop for the basement kitchen at 6pm for a 6:30pm call. I had everything ordered an hour later with pdf document to sign and drawing to review plus the kitchen comes with 25 year warranty.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Gravel/cross/all road ride done, thai food consumed. Thai lady had made too much of one dish for another customer, so had leftover. Offered it to me and I took it besides the stuff I had ordered. When I wanted to pay for it she told me it is free because she would have to throw it out anyway. Sometimes it helps to be a really good customer. :-)
Thai tomorrow as well I guess. :dance:
Following the shitshow in Ukraine. :fie: I cannot believe that we have evolved so far as societies but still resort to this kind of stupid shit. Could we not just sort these things out by letting our national soccer teams play against each other instead? :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley just dropped another .4sec off her PR today and broke 26sec. 26.341-> 25.985sec. Track record for jr's is 25.565sec. Guys that work there said they haven't seen a Jr break 26 in over a year and it was the kid that has track record.

Ran into another league kid today too. Those two were going crazy on the track. The league kids are generally left free to race for position (vs. pass flags and racing the clock), so it was a hell of a show. Next league race is Tuesday, so it was a good practice session before the actual race. Given the times she's been dropping, there's a good chance she might take pole, which means it's her race to lose.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
chores done so I butchered up a leg of lamb into 4oz portions (after trimming off all the fat and connective tissue) for later use and made up some flour tortillas. so now we have a choice of Tacos, Tostadas ( corn Tortillas)or Fajitas (Flour) tonight

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ski day. Forgot my boot bag at the house, whoops. Didn’t want to vacate my parking spot on a very busy day (disabled skier competition going on), no Lyft/Uber/taxi in Winter Park. Luckily the pro shop at West Portal was able to rent me boots alone as a walk up so the day was salvaged.

My youngest, a month or two older than 3, made great progress. She skied the whole day and was linking (wedge) turns on March Hare by the end.

Now home soon, get showered and changed, and play in a concert. 7:30 PM at King Center if y’all are bored.

A47DC027-39F4-4008-90E4-89C8931641AB.jpeg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Road trip completed. Over 1100 miles in under 18 hours, 3 stops and one can of Redbull. Only hitch was 40+ MPH head winds most of the way which killed fuel mileage.