Quantcast

G-Form Pads

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
These caught my eye at Providence Bike. They are soft but get hard on impact. They have some pretty impressive demonstrations.

They are made in Fall River, MA and their headquarters are in Providence, RI.

At first I didn't think they would take many falls but they say on their site that they will and will replace them if they get damaged due to abrasion. But they are slim enough that I might wear them under my Fox Launch pads anyway. I might also use them for snowboarding.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
There is an entire thread on Bikeguide.org in the Bike Shop forum section about those pads. Search and read if you care.

I had some of the knee pads. I wore them around my house for a few hours and sent them back the next day. They didn't cover the side parts of my knees where I needed coverage and my thin, lightweight volleyball pads do. I also wasn't impressed with how well they absorbed energy from other objects.

The videos are impressive but I wasn't impressed with the pads.

YMMV....

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
These guys are just developing the material because they own the patent. Not surprised the pad design isn't as effective as dedicated pad makers. I don't expect them to keep manufacturing the stuff once they license the technology.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
These guys are just developing the material because they own the patent. Not surprised the pad design isn't as effective as dedicated pad makers. I don't expect them to keep manufacturing the stuff once they license the technology.
get me some to try out.