Quantcast

GA Backyard Brawl Supercross Slalom Race Flyer

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Just got back from doin' some work on the course- got a bobcat out for a couple hrs.
Got some dirt dropped to perch the start gate on, it will be a little further back on the top flat area.
Roll out of the gate with about 2-3 pedals with a couple semi-tight s-turns in grass then drop over into the same two first berms from last race-
top section pretty much the same until the triple in the rythm is now a mellow long Bmx track double (So it is easier to roll without dieing)
First turn after the moto whoops got it's outside berm back. Same rock garden then same two berms around
the Utility poles which now exit to different turns and jump setup.
Changed the flat turns up to keep from cramping the flow a little. Put a cool med. sized double that is basically two rollers
which have one end tall and one end small with a gradiating amount of dirt inbetween. Then the second roller is placed opposite.
So that the inside has sort of a stepup and the outside sort of a stepdown. Or since it is in an open line choice,
you can beat the guy to the middle for line control and it's a med. double bout' knee high and 10ft. or so long,
then there is a really wide S-turn section that presents an offcamber to the very inside, flat in the middle and banked slightly on the outside.
Then hit a good sized roller that pumps you into the second S which also offers wide line choice then exit to the old log drop near the bottom.
Finish is the same as last Race.
This course is going to be the best head to head racing action! After getting the gate set up and the flat turns ironed out wide and flowy there will be lots of passing on the bottom now. Plus I been pimpin the jump sections over the past few months.

I won't put up pics until it's finished which may be by the end of the weekend. But, for those of you who can read I figured I'd give you
something to chew on. Let yah know the course is going to be as usual better than the last race.

Oh I almost forgot I also shortened the stepdown stupid jump off the road that will hopefully be makeable now.
And built some new lines that go off the racecourse and offer 4 diff. length drops-that are true stepdowns ranging from 4ft. of drop and 8ft out - to larger ones and a triple that is like 6-8 ft. drop and 40ft. out to stepdown landing.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I just rode the track today. Even if you can't jump half the stuff out there it's still alot of fun. Everything can be rolled and it's big bike friendly as well.

See ya'll out there.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Saturday's race is a must!!! Alot of effort going in and it's going to be to good to miss!
Great prizes and Cash money for open class! Lots of riding and racing!
I run the event as follows - practice Friday if you like - then Sat. am til 1oclock
You get one qualifier in each lane and the best time of the two seeds you for the eleminator.
Make the round of 8 and you get plenty racing in! I race the round of 8 which will determine the top 4 and the bottom 4
Then race it out for 1-4 and 5-8 to determine each spot 1-8 with podium spots for top 5!
This system works out really well for slalom, gives you a chance to slip a little without being kicked to the curb!

Jump jam afterwards you can ride the race course or the dirt jumps! Prolly all go out to eat Sat. Night and cause some trouble!!!
Hope you guys can make it!!!! Pictures will be posted on Wednesday!!

Then go up to Central Park 1hr. North on Sunday morning for the jump jam there.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
dangit! I forgot to take my camera again... I got so much going on in my small brain to try and rap up stuff for the race.
I know where are my priorities right! Maybe I can get em up tommorow!
It's Badass though I promise! And so is the prize list! I got swag from Eastern Bikes - Several sets of Kick Ass Pedals grips and etc. Profile Racing sent hubs, Stem locks and bar ends etc. Maxxis sent Tires, hats etc. and
Blue Bikes sent Akonabiospeed Gear Backpacks, and Aerus Riser Carbon Bars - Cloned BMX kicked in some sweet Azonic Mtb Shorts -
Tiffosi sunglasses - DerailedOnline.com with some stuff - Outspokin Bikes sending some suprizes as well
Monster T-shirts hats and energy drinks some more! Racers wil get hooked up!
The more competitors the bigger the money purse will be for open/pro so come on down and bring a lunch!