Quantcast

GA Freeride Work Party

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Nov. 6th starting at 9am till whenever.

Come out and give us a hand. We will be building the first berms, 3ft rock drops and a 4ft table top and some doubles at the park in Forsyth.
Anybody good a shaping jumps?

Send me a PM or e-mail so I can get a rough estimate on numbers,
FREE LUNCH...

We will ride whatever we build so bring your bike! Both runs will be cut in at the end of the day. And we may have a dingo on site.

ALSO:
We will have another work party the following weekend. We are trying to get the trail complete ASAP so we have a place to ride once the dump trucks move in on Mansell.
Also the faster this section is done the sooner we can move on to the BIGGER stuff going in across the creek.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i might be down for a weekend road trip gotta find out what weekend i have to work though. Also i am pretty good at shaping jumps as well. if you watch the asheville video that corey_dcstreet posted you will see my secret dirt jumps. they varied in size and length but they were butter smooth as were the berms.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
The county is going to lend us some more slave labour in the form of Community Service workers. So keeping in line with any government works project we can stand back and watch like construction workers do and shape the jumps and berms. :thumb:

We just got 3 - 3 ton boulders donated as well and will have them positioned with the RC30 before the work party. :evil:

EDIT: Boys we're gonna need a bigger truck.... Scratch the 3 ton boulders, we've got nothing to move'em with. Just found out nothing short of a real bulldozer would move those suckers.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
LOOnatic said:
I'm a riding drifter.
Currently in da south.
I was planning to be in the area so can you post some more info like exactly how to find it and what not.
Might be able to show up and contribute.

From Atlanta:

Go North on 400 about 30 min. to Exit 17 (369)
LEFT back over the highway and go about .5 miles
Turn LEFT into Central Park at the bottom of the hill.
Drive back to the Far Right Corner of the Park you should see us out there.

The park is a short walk / ride to the absolute back corner of the park.