Quantcast

GA/SC folks...anyone want to ride on Tuesday?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I'll be in Atlanta on Monday night and will be driving home sometime, i'm assuming, late morning/early afternoon on Tuesday. I'll be heading up I-85 on the way home but I can hit anything in Ellijay or Spartanburg.

Is anyone available to show me around? I've been wanting to check out Big Creek or Carters. Is Central Park still up and running?

Any takers? I promise to keep my shirt on!

edit: looks like Intense just now sent out my frame so i'll probably just have my dirt jumper.

Last edited:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Might want to check out Blankets Creek. Awesome trail system and they just finished one DH jump run and might have another advanced one done over the weekend.
http://www.sorba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=36270
http://www.sorba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=36325

Big Creek rebuilt their Jumps at the top and have added 2 pumptracks at the second parking lot. My brother and I hit both places in one day last week. There not that far apart.

I believe the FR stuff at Central is gone. Give me a PM if you have any questions I'll try to put you in the right direction.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
edit: looks like Intense just now sent out my frame so i'll probably just have my dirt jumper.
Worst case scenario, come ride my pumptrack. I am right off of I85.
I have a strict rule that no one can take their shirt off at my house unless they have boobs, so I guess you can get around that rule on a technicality.
I am not happy about it, but rules are rules. I need to add moobs to my list of rules.:D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I need to add moobs to my list of rules.:D
I call them MANories...because i can make them bounce on command. Moobs are just blobs of uncontrollable fat...my MANories are well trained.

offcamber: so i'd be ok on my dirtjump bike at big creek? if i had my intense up and running i'd probably hit both places but the dirt jumps sound promising :thumb:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
offcamber: so i'd be ok on my dirtjump bike at big creek? if i had my intense up and running i'd probably hit both places but the dirt jumps sound promising :thumb:
I would say yes. The trails at Blankets are smooth and flowy by South Florida standards. The DJs at Big Creek are similar to the middle line at Santos and the pumptrack would be perfect. You can have a good time on any bike at both of these trails.
http://trizzle.pinkbike.com/album/Big-Creek-Dirt-Jumps/

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
got my busted bike rigged and put back together so i'll have the big bike and hardtail. jimmy awad is coming with me as well. so it looks like big creek and maybe paris if we have time. i'm hoping to be done w/ my business in ATL by 10am so we can spend the rest of the day riding but it's all up in the air right now as to what time we'll be riding.