Quantcast

Gabe Fox Joins Devinci

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Former Evil Team Manager Gabe Fox has joined forces with Quebecois manufacturer Devinci. The brand has undergone a major overhaul in the past year, and bringing in a new marketing guru is the next step.
---

STRONG TEAM
Gabe Fox for International Sales & Marketing

Cycles Devinci, the producer of Canadian hand crafted bicycles from Quebec, has hired Gabe Fox for International Sales & Marketing in the mountain bike sector.

Gabe comes with over 15 years of bicycle industry experience in sales and marketing. As Cycles Devinci’s newest member, Fox will be responsible for everything from International Sales to Global Mountain Bike Marketing.

Cycles Devinci Marketing Manager David Régnier-Bourque stated: "We're so excited to work with someone who shares the same vision for the company! Cycles Devinci will be pushing hard this year with the introduction of the new Split Pivot suspension platform, and Gabe will be an asset in achieving all of our goals."

The production of the new Split Pivot bikes has started in our Chicoutimi, Quebec facility with delivery slated for late 2010. The addition of new staff is a key part of the expected growth and will definitely help us move in the right direction.

Evan Schwartz, featured in Life Cycles, is part of Devinci All Stars Team managed by Gabe Fox.

"Gabe has some great ideas and I am excited about the future of Devinci", said Sales Director Max Lamirande. "His main objective at Devinci will be to take our Canadian based renowned brand and place it at the same level internationally.”

“I am really excited to be part of such a strong team. We share the same visions and it is amazing to see such a great facility in Canada producing bikes, it is very impressive. They have every detail covered in house,” stated Fox.

The move comes as is making a push on the international market. Interest has grown after the global launch of the Split Pivot product at Interbike last September.

From the Cycles Devinci Staff - Welcome aboard!

Attachments

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I had noticed that Devinci's marketing had gone from zero to hero. They've sent Wilson test bikes to all major media outlets.
im sure with money and time invested in the magical DW Link, they want to get their product out there as best as possible.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I think Steve Smith is the logical 'big name signing' for Devinci that keeps getting mentioned.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
is this another stage or hint that evil bikes will no longer be in the next while?

warrenty problems
delivery problems
no news on the trails bikes since interbike 2009
no news really AT ALL since 2009
gabe leaving

on a positive note devinci really looks like they are stepping into the front lines of higher quality large producers, and now with a suspension design that isn't held back from us sales, one can only expect big things in the next couple years.

newyork1

Chimp
Feb 14, 2010
I would be feeling pretty pissed off if I was an Evil owner. That company is looking more like a joke every day.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
defend what? his roomies going to divinci??? everyone seems happy ( except raingauge) for gabe
I'm happy for Gabe, everyones gotta eat. The few times I've talked to him he's seemed pretty stressed. It'll just be harder for me to get an answer on when I'm getting a replacement.

Its probably a good thing for both him and Devinci.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Somehow I think this change doesn't bode well for my chances of getting a replacement.
well im sure Kevin will be handling everything Gabe was doing, but it might take even longer now since they are a small company to begin with.
if theres no frames, then theres obviously nothing he can do right now

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
This is an awesome move for Gabe and his career. Devinci is a great fit for him and also will give him an opportunity to really expand his experience in the bike industry. I think that he is really going to tear it up with this new position.

Don't worry about Evil, Gabe is a stand up guy and really helped Kevin and the guys at Evil work through this transition. There will be new blood at Evil too, actually the guys are in Taiwan right now meeting with the (NEW) factory about the new frames.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Don't worry about Evil, Gabe is a stand up guy and really helped Kevin and the guys at Evil work through this transition. There will be new blood at Evil too, actually the guys are in Taiwan right now meeting with the (NEW) factory about the new frames.
New frames as in carbon or new frames as in Aluminum?

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
This is an awesome move for Gabe and his career. Devinci is a great fit for him and also will give him an opportunity to really expand his experience in the bike industry. I think that he is really going to tear it up with this new position.

Truth.

-KT

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
defend what? his roomies going to divinci??? everyone seems happy ( except raingauge) for gabe
Exactly. Gabe has always been a bad ass at what he does. Cove, Evil and now Devinci. He has more experience than 95% of the industry and has dealt with everything from marketing to managing teams, to signing athletes through sourcing vendors and dealing with production problems.

This a killer move for both his career and Devinci. They will both benefit hugely from this shift.

GFDC

Chimp
Oct 27, 2010
Thanks for all of the comments.
I am really looking forward to the future with Devinci they have an amazing operation and have some amazing things to still come.
This move was not to take a stab at Evil or anything like that, but more as a career move for me.
I am really looking forward to working with a Canadian Brand again and not making the multiple monthly drives to Seattle.

I had a amazing time working with Kevin, DW, Evan and the rest of the crew at Evil and wish them the best in the future.
As many people already know there are some exciting things in store for Evil and they will get through everything which they have faced this year. Their mission is to take care of all of their customers out there, and I know they are thankful for how patient everyone has been.

Gabe