Quantcast

Gah, drove the car into the garage...

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
with my bike on top.

I've been working on my car for the past few weeks so pulling into the garage became second nature. I totally forgot about it.

At least the bike is fine! The front clips got yanked out of the door jambs and pushed the rack back 6". This effectively scratched the paint and gouged the chrome trim. The rear clips slid back and the crossbars down into the roof.

I straightened out the metal as best I could and remounted the rack. The roof damage is kind of hard to see in the pics.

This is the 2nd time for me. The first was in 97 with my bmx bike on top.

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
that's one clean car...
Tell me about it. When I was waiting for my new radiator to come in, I clayed, polished and waxed. I bought new silicon pads for the Yakima Q-Towers and used Mothers Back to Black on all the rack parts.

I have to get some bodywork estimates now. Shoot, I just posted about getting the small dings fixed on my bumpers. So much for that.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow that sucks another vote for rear hitch or keeping it inside the car like some crazy crazy people do. You remember this one I am sure

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That sucks man. I've been praying for that not to happen with my car/roof racks over the past 7 months since I moved into my home. I much prefer the Jeep w/ T2 in the back for that very reason. That and can load the bike up in the garage then head out in the AM without having to pull out and load the bike, which is great on rainy mornings.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
People with multicar garages.
I have a 3 car garage and no room for cars in it.

I have never really gotten attached to my cars or gotten "into" cars. Which is why my garage is a shop, storage, and my man cave. To me it just seems like a waste of a lot of usable space.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a 3 car garage and no room for cars in it.

I have never really gotten attached to my cars or gotten "into" cars. Which is why my garage is a shop, storage, and my man cave. To me it just seems like a waste of a lot of usable space.
My garage has more square footage than our house. I have can park 2 cars, 7 bikes, 1 kayak and over 100 boxes of well organized crap. There is a bathroom and 'lounge' are with barber chair and TV in the back... the best part is NOT scraping snow or ice in the mornings before work. :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My garage has more square footage than our house. I have can park 2 cars, 7 bikes, 1 kayak and over 100 boxes of well organized crap. There is a bathroom and 'lounge' are with barber chair and TV in the back... the best part is NOT scraping snow or ice in the mornings before work. :)
Snow and ice are not something I consider living in So Cal. That does sound like a pretty solid reason to keep a car in the garage. Though having more square footage in the garage than the house sounds kinda backwards to me.

By the way, I was just kidding around. My post wasn't supposed to inspire some deep thought on the pros and cons of keeping a car in the garage. :think: I really don't care one way or the other what you all do with your garages.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
That's a crazy gif with the mutha****a eating a gigaenourmous worm creature