Quantcast

gah dumb horses.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
so we go to banner forest today, jumps have been deteriorating but we go and look closely someone rode their horse all over them!!
Welcome to multi-use trail building. :p

Why build jumps at Banner? Why not out at the dirt jump park at Jackson Park (or whatever it is called, with the batting cages)? There's some good dirt and elevation loss back in there. That big log hanging over the trail is just begging to be made into something too! Haven't been there in several years, so maybe someone did work on it by now.

chance199

Monkey
May 23, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
haha i was just there the other day on my stinky, i looked so out of place but then i saw a guy with an Intense DH bike (i cant remember what model it is) but he was putting the bmxers to shame cause he was hitting the biggest jumps there haha.

we build at banner cause theres lots of areas to build :-)

mtbrider106

Monkey
May 23, 2009
auburn
i almost got trampled by a horse my trails the ****ing guy thought it was funny that i got clothes lined. ****in guy next time he wont be smiling

chance199

Monkey
May 23, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
i almost got trampled by a horse my trails the ****ing guy thought it was funny that i got clothes lined. ****in guy next time he wont be smiling
dude what A**
theres alot of people in banner with their horses now it seems to be less and less bikers, every time im out if i see a horse they usually give us dirty looks.
the last couple times ive been out there ive had people with horses walk up to me in the parking lot and always be like hey! keep an eye out for horses and dont be hauling through trails. how else would i ride?!? theyre starting to think theyre the dominant people there. well they can go F**K themselves .

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004

On multi use trails, bikes need to yield to horses and hikers. This means slow way down, or better stop. Horses are big, dumb, and easily frightened. A spooked horse can easily throw it's rider, or kick you. The rules are for everyone's safety, and you guys are out of line.

I love balls out pinning as much as the next guy, actually probably alot more than the next guy, which is why I put lots of hours into building shredder DH trails that are no good for hikers, horses or motos. All out pinning belongs on bike trails, not multi-use. Please check yourself. Your behavior reflects badly on all riders, and is what gets trails shut down to bike traffic.

Oh, I agree the horses on jumps is silly. Some people are just clueless. It's to be expected when building jumps on multi-use trails, though.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
I love balls out pinning as much as the next guy, actually probably alot more than the next guy, which is why I put lots of hours into building shredder DH trails that are no good for hikers, horses or motos.
Whatever Thad.....you've never even touched a shovel! And your love for pinning is nowhere near as my love for pinning it.....ha! :weee:

Seriously though, I agree 100% with Thad said. Building jumps on multi use trails is bound to have conflict.

Remember two things:
1. mt. bikes at high speeds and horses = bad stuff. Horses spook easily and need to hear and see what's coming up on them.

2. equestrians have lots of money/power/influence. You p!ss them off, you'll be biting off more than you can chew.

EB

F.M.

Chimp
Mar 4, 2005
Seattle
That sign applies to trails AND jumps too.
If there is an air-borne horse coming off a jump, it really is in your best interest to yield.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
haha but in banner there are no signs theres like two and they walking only
Dude. Seriously just go out to Jackson park and build back in the woods behind the dirt jumps. plenty of room. If I lived there, I would have my own secret stash already built out! Plus, there's a good grade of elevation loss down to the stream area.

mtbrider106

Monkey
May 23, 2009
auburn
thad the trails i ride are bike trails so i have every right to be upset. and the horses destroy the trail 5 times worse then my bike dose.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
thad the trails i ride are bike trails so i have every right to be upset. and the horses destroy the trail 5 times worse then my bike dose.
Where are said bike trails and who built them? Is it a multi-use area? What's the history of the area? I'm not talking about building jumps either, but I'm talking about the trails that said jumps are on.

Even on trails that were 100% built by mt. bikers, we've had horses go up them. Usually, it's just once as it's painfully obvious that they aren't designed for equestrians....but they do a fair bit of damage.

Chance, the wallpaper on your myspace page. You ever actually ridden that trail? Just sayin'...... ;)

EB

livewakesnow

Monkey
Nov 19, 2008
woodinville
EXACTLY!
and they all say we destroy more, your the ones taking S**ts all over the woods

This might come as a shock to you, I didn't believe it either when I first heard it. But, animals(yes, this includes horses:eek:) live in the woods. Animals ALSO take shi7's. I don't think them shi77ing in the woods is destroying them. I ride bikes. I don't ride horses. I'm not sticking up for horse riders or horses. Bikes destroy the trails more than horses. Think about everything bikes bring that horses and horse riders GENERALLY don't.
I'm just throwing it out there.

....its like ******* twitter or something

chance199

Monkey
May 23, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
This might come as a shock to you, I didn't believe it either when I first heard it. But, animals(yes, this includes horses:eek:) live in the woods. Animals ALSO take shi7's. I don't think them shi77ing in the woods is destroying them. I ride bikes. I don't ride horses. I'm not sticking up for horse riders or horses. Bikes destroy the trails more than horses. Think about everything bikes bring that horses and horse riders GENERALLY don't.
I'm just throwing it out there.

....its like ******* twitter or something
well it sucks when your going down single track and theres a huge pile of crap that you cant even geet around.

haha my tired is still covered in it haha