Quantcast

Gahhhhh!!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Well. If it's not one thing it's another. I knew I should've updated my drivetrain and tires at the beginning of this riding season...and I did nothing. So far I've blown through too many tubes to count cause my tires went in the crapper (I'm getting a patch kit today and then I get to have some phun), 1 rear wheel (gonna re-lace it...relegate it to back-up duty), a chain (3,000ish miles on it...it was way past time...), and now a cassette (yeah yeah yeah...cause of the chain...I know.).....Hopefully I didn't f-up my Dura-Ace front rings...those can't be cheap...

SRAM OG 1070 here I come...should go nicely with my new 1090 chain...So far I've lost 4 commuting days...not pleased...

I guess that's what I get for being a dumbass...

Dumbass out.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Why the SRAM? Price?
I like SRAM mo' betta than Shimano. All my mtn stuff is SRAM...

*Shrug* The OEM cassette and chain lasted long enough...but I like SRAM's chains better and they had a "decent" deal for an LBS on the cassette.

70 bucks for the 1070 cassette, 55 for the 1090 chain. Everyone else that had it in stock for me to pick up after work was sitting on 90 for the cassette...

It's an 11-26...better for my commute...my 12-27(28?) shimano was prolly cross-chaining a bit much I was dropping into the 13 or 14 toother for a majority of my commute anyway and even with the 53 up front...there was still some excess crossing.