Quantcast

Galbraith on the 26th, Saturday

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
So, I feel like repeating the good ol' Saturday after Thanksgiving ride, except this year look like the trails might be dry instead of drenched. Who might be able to join me? Also, anyone have a bike that KingHami3 could borrow so he can ride too?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Yeah, what he said (I can seriously ride ANYTHING). dwaugh, I can ride one of your bikes just fine. I'm used to bikes with odd quirks :rolleyes:

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I'm definitely down for a ride on Saturday. I also have an extra bike that kinghami3 could possibly ride. Its my downhill bike so its not the best pedaller for Gably but if he needs something to ride I might be able to hook him up.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
TtotheJ said:
I'm definitely down for a ride on Saturday. I also have an extra bike that kinghami3 could possibly ride. Its my downhill bike so its not the best pedaller for Gably but if he needs something to ride I might be able to hook him up.
That might be better than a small ht. Matters what trails we will be riding, but I can candle a DH bike. What size is it?
thanks,
Andrew

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
depending on what time you guys go I might be able to. I am helping someone move. but it could take most of the day.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I am bringing my bike up there again. Not sure if I will hit Galbraith. I am thinking of taking Junior over to the DJ/BMX park on Friday. I am not sure where it is but It looks like its by the stadium. If you have directions let me know. i might have to get a BMX bike-kind of funny when I think of my age but a kid offered to let me use his bike a couple of months ago when i was at the local park. He must have thought I could have used it
instead of my hardtail.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
directions are easy. it is on the southeast side of the stadium. more specific: go east(from I-5) on lakeway to puget street and take a left go down a block, jumps will be on your right, park on your left.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
kinghami3 said:
That might be better than a small ht. Matters what trails we will be riding, but I can candle a DH bike. What size is it?
thanks,
Andrew
My downhill bike is a small Demo8. I'm 5'7" and 145 and it can be kind of tight to pedal around for very long so if you're bigger than me it might not be the best option. My trail bike is a medium Specialized Enduro so if that sounds like it might fit you I could ride the DH bike and you could ride the trailbike.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
TtotheJ said:
My downhill bike is a small Demo8. I'm 5'7" and 145 and it can be kind of tight to pedal around for very long so if you're bigger than me it might not be the best option. My trail bike is a medium Specialized Enduro so if that sounds like it might fit you I could ride the DH bike and you could ride the trailbike.
Ok. I've taken a small P.1 with a Jr. T down the Snake, so this should be no problem. Please take whichever one you want, and I can ride the other, or maybe we can just decide in the parking lot if you want.
Thanks so much,
Andrew

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
wanker said:
How's the conditions today? Which trails did you ride?
The conditions were fun. Under the trees on Scorpian, things were very damp, but not too slick. An inch or so of snow on Sean's. Some slick, slushy log rides. Most everything was good to go. Bob's was a hoot. By the time we got over there, what ever amount of snow that was there was already gone.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
wanker said:
How's the conditions today? Which trails did you ride?
Cold and muddy! Puddles down low and snow up top, but it was still a good ride (XC with TJ on his Demo 8 :blah: )
vbiker, TJ and I went up again and road Bobs, but there were a bunch of cut down saplings on the trail that we cleared off. I don't know if you ran into those. Muddy too, some places I couldn't stay on the trail.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
kinghami3 said:
there were a bunch of cut down saplings on the trail
Forgot to mention the saplings. They were a bit of a surprise to us. Thanks for clearing them off. It didn't look like they did any logging. Anyone know why the saplings were all trimmed back?

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
ioscope said:
I can't beleive it snowed there, I heart galby. I think the ideal bike there is 4 inches front and rear.
I've been there with 6/6 and yesterday with 5/0. But as long as you have something that is peddle-able, its all good.

In fact, yesterday, I saw a guy with a fully rigid SS on Bob's. :rolleyes:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
ioscope said:
I can't beleive it snowed there, I heart galby. I think the ideal bike there is 4 inches front and rear.
Yeah, it was the first time I've ever seen a lot of snow up there
vibiker said:
Forgot to mention the saplings. They were a bit of a surprise to us. Thanks for clearing them off. It didn't look like they did any logging. Anyone know why the saplings were all trimmed back?
I haven't the slightest clue, but it was the first time I've ridden it in a while. I heard there were a number of people up there, each with their own chainsaw :think: They didn't do too much damage at least.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
kinghami3 said:
Yeah, it was the first time I've ever seen a lot of snow up there I haven't the slightest clue, but it was the first time I've ridden it in a while. I heard there were a number of people up there, each with their own chainsaw :think: They didn't do too much damage at least.
It was Trillium I think, clearing those trees so the other trees have more room to grow.

wanker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
Ferndale
Yep, I saw the Trillium guys from south of the border on T-Day, they were thinning trees to allow for new growth and minimize some fire hazard. Those guys work fast. They made comment on the nice trails, and were kind enough to remove most debris from the trails with the exception of a few on Bob's.