Quantcast

galbraith on thursday

baric

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
I just rode up there today, had a blast. Bummed I can't make it back on Thursday.

Has anyone ever purchased the maps from Galabrethmt.com are they worth it?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Galbraithmt.com maps are not very bad, I would suggest them, as they are the most up to date ones. Also, once you buy them, you are in - whenever they are updated you can go back and print out the new ones. The local knowledge maps have not been updated in a while, and are hard to read because of that.
What time on thursday do you want to ride? I may be able to make it if I think I can finish a book by friday.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
dwaugh et al, the biggest problem I have with the Gmt maps is that when you print them out, there's so much crap on them that it's difficult to read them. Updated or not, I found myself using the LK version way more and eventually gave up on the Gmt ones...
They are good for looking at stuff at home and the site is fine if you want to read about people telling you how cool they are.
But, not worth it.... Sorry.

They need to make the printable version you'll take with you to the hill free of all the video clip icons, etc....

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Borneo said:
They need to make the printable version you'll take with you to the hill free of all the video clip icons, etc....
I know the owner of the site, and I could have sworn that he had those available for printing a while ago. That, or the next time they are updated they will be like that.

I'll let you know by wednesday if I can go on thursday or not.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
nuclear 674 said:
anyone able to ride on thursday at galbraith? I havent ridden there and would like to ride with people that have. Downhill, freeride type.
I get off work at 2:00pm on Thursday and might be up for a ride. PM me if your interested.