dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originaly posted on Galbraithmt.com by Whimps Vp:

Ride with the WHIMPs

When: Saturday April 23, 10:00 am

Where: Meet At Lake Padden Baseball Fields above Shelters

What to Bring: Bring Your Bike & Beverages. We’ll Supply the Spaghetti :)

Who: Open to Everyone, From Beginner to Freeride King

Why: To Show Our Appreciation To All Of The Volunteers Who Helped This Year.

The Spaghetti feed will be held from 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm at the Rotary Club Shelters next to the playground at Lake Padden.

A raffle will be held for those volunteers who put their time in and we’ll talk about future building plans, trail maintenance and how much we just like to ride.

So, bring your family & invite your friends and come out and ride with those who helped maintain the trail in one of the best riding areas in the world, “Galbraith Mountain”

See you on the hill!

whimps vp

What would we do without trails? :cool:

For more information Call Darren @ 360-733-3441 or email Darren@clarkscycle.com
It look like good weather for next weekend too! :cool:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Dwaugh, not to derail, but you are giving credit of a famous quote by bilbo baggins in the LOTR to someone online? Just curious if you realized that quote is almost 50 years old.

Sure am jealous, wish we could get some good weather up here. Snow, hail, rain....

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Wow, that was random. Did you just notice that I've always had that quote? I just like it and wanted to use it for fun. That one in red is from Monty Python - no one would have guessed that I bet.

Yeah, good weather appears to be on the way for us. :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Yeah I did just notice. I almost never read sigs here as most are just mobile ads for different companies. Now that I read the red one outloud..I did recognize it :)

Wohoo...5 days of 20degree C and sun. Gonna be an awesome week :) And the mountain opens in 12 days....

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
Cool, count me in. I'll try to get there around start time, be with the "I'm lost again" factor, it might be closer to noon.

Anyone mind PM'ing me with some directions. I'm really new to WA, so be gentle.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
coming form seattle(south) take exit 246 North lake sammish, go left (west), continue till you pass a golf corse on the left, turn left into the east lake padden entrance/ padden golf course, the golf course entrance is to the left again, while the park is more straight

in bellingham get on sammish way and go south, go past west entrance to lake padden but take the next right into the east entrance.

Joel

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
OK, got my yahoo map, and i'm good to go. Found the golf course and everything.

Are the trails wedged between I-5 and samish way, or does it just start by the golf course and cross a road someplace?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
nohbody said:
OK, got my yahoo map, and i'm good to go. Found the golf course and everything.

Are the trails wedged between I-5 and samish way, or does it just start by the golf course and cross a road someplace?
It's on the other side of the road from the golf course, up on the big hill. We just meet at the park.