Quantcast

Galbraith suggestions

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hi,

Plan on driving down to Galbraith from Vancouver to do some intermediate level XC with the GF. I've checked out a couple websites but can't find a map online. I intend to stop by a local shop and pick one up when we get there, but I was hoping to get some suggestions from people who ride there. Not sure whether I should be approaching from the North or the South to get to the best terrain.

So, which trails are the ones you suggest to your newb friends?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Hi,

Plan on driving down to Galbraith from Vancouver to do some intermediate level XC with the GF. I've checked out a couple websites but can't find a map online. I intend to stop by a local shop and pick one up when we get there, but I was hoping to get some suggestions from people who ride there. Not sure whether I should be approaching from the North or the South to get to the best terrain.

So, which trails are the ones you suggest to your newb friends?
Bob's trail. Shaun's trail too. The Snake....

You'll need to rock down to Electric Avenue to find it.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
there is a basic map on www.ridegalbraith.com i think but you will want to either get a full one or have a really good look at the one posted on site. most everything is good out there but the xc riders usually come in from the watcom falls side. the galbraith lane entrance is quick access to all the freeride stuff.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the north entrance (whatcom falls park side) is better for longer rides and you can easily hit the freeride stuff too. i pretty much always use the north side entrance.

bdmack

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Check with the shop in downtown Bham (cant remember the name), it's off railroad by Boundary Bay Brewery and La Fiama Pizza. They have maps and great suggestions as far as where to ride up there. And no, I don't work for them.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Thanks all. Now if someone could give us a good weather guarantee, that would be swell, mmmkay?

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
There are 3 kiosks on the mountain that have maps in them, poster sized so not something you can take with you (or at least shouldn't). One of the kiosks is at the top of the ridge trail, which you would take up from the North side. There are many XC trails accessible from that kiosk area.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So we went to Galbraith a few weeks ago and had a blast. We rode:

Miranda
Lower Ridge
Upper Ridge
Cedar Dust
Down road 1200RD (dumb move)
SST
Back up RD 1030 to the Kiosk
Upper Bob's
Lower Bob's
It was awesome.

What other's are "not miss" that are similar to the above?

Burton_350z

Chimp
Feb 13, 2008
North side hit SST and hike back up to ride Bobs. South side get up to EVO, cut into mullet, down to either Cheech and Chongs or 911. I would probably do 911 and the do the short hike back up to hit cheech and chongs, not shauns and whatever the trail below that is :)

Let me know what day you will be up there.. i'll probably ride sometime on saturday and day trip whistler sunday