Quantcast

Galbraith XC Sunday

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
A group of us from the BBTC are going up there tomarow, however, the leader doesn't know the trails very well. I just joined Galbraith.com but I don't have a password yet or ink in my printer. Someone want to show us aroud or give me some beta? We will start at Watcom Falls Park at 10.
You can sign up on the bbtc.org site (you don't have to be a member).
Thanks.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
The WHIMPs will be doing trail work up there, beginning at 10:00. Maybe you'll see us... next time I'd be happy to lead a group, since I know the mountain really good. I'm David on Galbraithmt.com, just so you know. :)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
3 steps for success

1. Go to the towers
2.descend
3. repeat as necessary

Yes, it's just that easy, the first time I rode out there I was by myself, and still managed to make it back to my aunts house while injured.
It's a really straightforward trail system.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
hehe bring plenty of food and a space blanket in case you have to spend the night. :p
There should be plenty of people around to give you tips on how to get out when the group get's done, haha good luck. :thumb:

Seriously see if you can get a map from Kulshan or somewhere, and make sure someone has a compass. Armed with that and knowing there will be plenty of people up there to help you out, you should be alright.
i've got some maps but they're super cluttered, perhaps one of the bike stores up there would have a decent one.....

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Well we had a good time. I got my butt kicked! Cool place. When I got home I put a stiffer preload spring in my shock to prevent the diving that was making things hard for me.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Kieser, Bobs' bunch of other stuff, I was stuffing my face while others picked the route. It would be nice if all the trails were signed, but I hear they just get ripped down. LAME!