Quantcast

Galbraith

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
Hey, im going to Galabraith for the first time tommorow. I read some info on it online, but it wasnt that helpful. If you know anything about it, like if the trails are well marked, and which ones are the best to ride, or just any helpful information. Thanks

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I was thinking of heading up on monday or tues, I have a friend that lives there but hes going to be working. I need to do some research as well and find out how to get there and were to ride, let me know what you find out.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
assuming you are heading north to get there.

WWU exit off i5. go right.
follow that until you see a gravel parking lot on the right...if you pass galbraith lane on the left, turn around, and park in the lot that you JUST passed.

hop on your bike, and head down galby lane. there will be a road turn off to the right with a gravel road going straight...go right.

you will come to a gate, ride around it and start riding uphill.

you will follow the main road and eventually come to a blue rock where it levels out. take a rest.

get back on your bike, and head right - right of the blue rock.

follow that all the way up to the towers...get to the towers and take a rest.

the road will take you beyond the towers and into the woods..follow that trail. opening up on your left are a few different ways in...take the 2nd one as you will find a small step down, a nice small gap, and some woodwork...

if you follow that trail (has a long bridge->logride->fake gap), you will come out to a trail that runs left/right. go right. you will find another trail that starts off your left...take it. there are some jumps and a step-up. weee.

now if you were to go straight at the blue rock, on your left you will find shawn's trail..starts with a skinny drop. that trail will take you down quite a bit of the mountain and you will wind up way back down at the start of your climb.

you can also keep going beyond shawn's trail and eventually on your left (not too far up) you will see a trail that goes straight in...take it...there are some root rolls, and then stay to your right...you will be on 911...it has some small drops/jumps and is fun...worth checking out.

go to a shop and get some maps.

have some fun!

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
it's faster to use exit 246 north lake sammish if north bound, take a left onto sammish way, at the top of the hill is galby lane and just past that is the gravel parking lot.