Quantcast

Galby Aftermath

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
it was good riding with everyone again and for the first time and maybe those of you who will sign on here now after gettin turned onto the website.
i'm burned out.... it started out at 17 riders then into the mud many did disappear. haha. :p
Thanks Dwaugh for leading the ride, ya did good kid! :thumb:

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Joel and I were part of the missing. You can thank the same stump drop that claimed my ride last Sunday. This time it was not the run in that got me, it was the tree on the right. Full speed into it was not good for the allready sore back. One of these days we will complete a ride together. I guess I will have to drive down south and check out some of the trails your way.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
smedford said:
Joel and I were part of the missing. You can thank the same stump drop that claimed my ride last Sunday. This time it was not the run in that got me, it was the tree on the right. Full speed into it was not good for the allready sore back. One of these days we will complete a ride together. I guess I will have to drive down south and check out some of the trails your way.
Doing a Green Mt. run in Bremerton next week, ferry boat ride over for some pretty fun fast gravity. :thumb:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
:thumb: :thumb: That was worth getting out of the house for. Lots of good riding and good riders. I can't wait till spring when some of that stuff starts to dry out. And big props to the young lady that road it all on her second MTB ride in the dirt. Impressive turnout today. I am tired and going to sleep now. :evil:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
That was fun, minus my few meetings with the ground and pricky vines. :rolleyes: I showed all you up by riding my Stinky and not getting tired. :p Nah, you all did good, it was a lot of fun (but you should see the underside of my left arm :dead: )
We gotta do this again in due time.

I know that we had more fun than those who did the Snake. :cool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hmmmm...sounds like I missed out on a good ride for sure. I told Tim that I was going to be hitting SST today, but after I realized I left my digi in my friend's car and they were riding Duvall today, I wound up going there for my first time. I got it handed to me on the 2nd run down it - carried waaaaaay too much speed for this steep rolldown and did a front-wheel pogo to double-cartwheel to ????. Everybody there was shocked that I got up and held my hands up to signal me being ok.
Well, I was OK - except for this charley-horse to compliment the one I got on my other leg yesterday.:o:

Anywho, glad all had a good time and I partially regret not being a part of that crew. As painful as this weekend was for me, I would have done it all over just the same...it could have been much worse for me physically rather easily.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I missed the ride too but kind of caught a little bit of the spirit of the ride on Friday the day after Thanksgiving. What was it like when the oldest RM and maybe the youngest RM ride together on the trail ?-we got wet :) Dwaugh was probably trying to remember instructions from a cpr class like is it 5 compression and a breath or is it two breaths? :) Ride leaders need to know that kind of stuff :)

Dwaugh where did all that water come from? Those werent puddles those were ponds! You definitely have a handicap with that bike, dont know anyone else hardly who pedals a bike half their size! :) Should make this ride a post Thanksgiving tradition either on Friday or Saturday. The mud puddles make it a perfect ride, suitable for all skill levels.
Dwaugh has an adavantage over everyone else, he knows where all the submerged logs are. :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
HippieKai said:
i had fun...until i got lost!!!
is that what happened to you?!?!
man we were all at the cross roads above the first tower and thought maybe you had turned around. :confused:
i thought maybe my drill seargent routine was real corny and you decided to leave. :p

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Skookum said:
is that what happened to you?!?!
man we were all at the cross roads above the first tower and thought maybe you had turned around. :confused:
i thought maybe my drill seargent routine was real corny and you decided to leave. :p
haha, nah...i just took a wrong road and ended up way out there. But all was good and road a few more trails before realizing what way to go.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Borregokid said:
I missed the ride too but kind of caught a little bit of the spirit of the ride on Friday the day after Thanksgiving. What was it like when the oldest RM and maybe the youngest RM ride together on the trail ?-we got wet :) Dwaugh was probably trying to remember instructions from a cpr class like is it 5 compression and a breath or is it two breaths? :) Ride leaders need to know that kind of stuff :)

Dwaugh where did all that water come from? Those werent puddles those were ponds! You definitely have a handicap with that bike, dont know anyone else hardly who pedals a bike half their size! :) Should make this ride a post Thanksgiving tradition either on Friday or Saturday. The mud puddles make it a perfect ride, suitable for all skill levels.
Dwaugh has an adavantage over everyone else, he knows where all the submerged logs are. :cool:
Yeah, that was really fun, but I didnt get as tired this time. I dont know where all the water came from, but it was fine with me! :cool: And, I dont know where all the submerged logs are, but my bike has ways of finding them when I least expect it. :(

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
thanks again for driving Tim. and thanks to everyone else for waiting for Patra and I. I know she had a great time, and it was cool to show her some real off road riding.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
HippieKai said:
i had fun...until i got lost!!!
I think I may have been the last one to see you then. I asked the riders that came up the road after me if they saw you but no one did. We all thought you went back. :confused: Sorry. Anyway it was good riding with you again. :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
pnj said:
thanks again for driving Tim. and thanks to everyone else for waiting for Patra and I. I know she had a great time, and it was cool to show her some real off road riding.

Pat,

I fell dumb becausse i didnt realize you were PNJ. AHAH. i should have known by the shirt! Great riding with you guys, and finishing of at the fish and chips place.

Later,
damon