Quantcast

Gallery testing

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hmmm....how do I link the photos to another gallery after they are in my member gallery? I just posted some pics from our weekend of riding DH at Whiteface that probably should be in the DH pics rather than my member gallery.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
think the max file size could be upped to like 150k but just leave the total amount of size you can take up at 4000kb still. or would that cause alot more bandwidth usage? i always have su much trouble gettin my picture under 100k even just like 120-130 would be great.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
DHracer1067 said:
think the max file size could be upped to like 150k but just leave the total amount of size you can take up at 4000kb still. or would that cause alot more bandwidth usage? i always have su much trouble gettin my picture under 100k even just like 120-130 would be great.
Yeah I increased it to 200k

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Carbon Fetish said:
Very nice! A road/cyclocross bike gallery would be cool. Now I can delete some images in my attached files and use the code for photos in the forum.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, road related galleries would be nice... haha seeing as I now have something to add

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
It would be nice to have access to your Personal Photo gallery thru the User Control Panel :) Unless I'm not getting something, which is entirely possible. :p

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
DHracer1067 said:
so how do i get to the photo gallery other than that link. i cant find anything. itd be nice to have it right up in that list of things like arcade, user cp and all that other stuff.
Hence the "testing".

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
RM, I am having the same problem I had before....the same damn picture keeps trying to load even though I select a differnet one from my hard drive. Plus, it keeps telling me to log in. I gave up trying. Maybe it's my work PC. I'll try from home.

And I did trying clearing my cookies.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so when this goes into effect will i lose pictures that i have already put in my personal gallery? are these pictures seperate from the ones i use in a post; if i delete pictures from user cp will they be deleted from this gallery as well?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
TreeSaw said:
Hmmm....how do I link the photos to another gallery after they are in my member gallery? I just posted some pics from our weekend of riding DH at Whiteface that probably should be in the DH pics rather than my member gallery.
It seems that when you upload a pic into a specific gallery (i.e. DH rides) that it also automatically is placed in your member gallery, since you were the one to post it.

I made the mistake of uploading an image into my member gallery then uploading it into the XC rides gallery. When I looked in my member gallery, there were 2 instances of the pic. I deleted the one that was specific to my member gallery, but the one that I specified for XC rides still shows up in my member gallery.

There's an option to move an image from one gallery to another. If you're logged in as yourself, when viewing the full sized version, below it should be a dropdown box to choose another gallery to move it to. When you move your images from your member gallery to another gallery, it still should show up in your member gallery.

Make sense?

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
biggins said:
so when this goes into effect will i lose pictures that i have already put in my personal gallery? are these pictures seperate from the ones i use in a post; if i delete pictures from user cp will they be deleted from this gallery as well?
NO you won't lose anything. The photos in the gallery are seperate from the attachments associated with your account.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
very cool way to put up more photo's that don't "make the cut" on future ride pic threads i do. Which will be awhile hopefully we still have this feature then........

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
pixelninja said:
It seems that when you upload a pic into a specific gallery (i.e. DH rides) that it also automatically is placed in your member gallery, since you were the one to post it.

I made the mistake of uploading an image into my member gallery then uploading it into the XC rides gallery. When I looked in my member gallery, there were 2 instances of the pic. I deleted the one that was specific to my member gallery, but the one that I specified for XC rides still shows up in my member gallery.

There's an option to move an image from one gallery to another. If you're logged in as yourself, when viewing the full sized version, below it should be a dropdown box to choose another gallery to move it to. When you move your images from your member gallery to another gallery, it still should show up in your member gallery.

Make sense?
I think so....now I just gotta go try it out :thumb: