Game time!

What is the outcome of the Superbowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
It was a good game, probably one of the better superbowls in recent years. That escape from getting sacked by Eli Manning was insane. Glad to finally see Strahan and Toomer get superbowl rings. I think the blue prints have been laid on how to beat the Patriots.

That sack of Brady was almost of video game quality, it's not that often you see a quarterback get hit so hard that it got him off his feat and go backwards.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
here is what I posted in another thread..(But I did vote in the poll previous to game time)

It was a amazing game on many levels.
I will tell how I see it first as a Football fan and will add a few comments here and there being a lifelong Dolphins fan,

#1 The Patriots had a great season- Nuff said( Dolfan side note.. Dolphins where perfect in 1972 and that is one of my earliest pro football memories so I am going to root against any team that is going against that mark.

#2 a handful of teams have already won more games in a row than the Dolphins did,
not counting this season the Patriots had already won 21 games in a row over 2 seasons.(This year .. in 1 season they won more games in a season, including the playoffs than the Dolphins had in 1972...hang on Robb's diatribe here... in 1972 there where only 12 games in a season compared to 16 games now. in 1972 there where only 24 teams and had no bye weeks. in 2007 there are 32 teams, playing 16 games, and they have a week off somewhere during the season... I am not discounting the Patriots in any way, They are and have been a great team. But there is an immortality about having a perfect season. There is also a plateau that would have been equaled if Tom Brady would have won tonight, being only two other quarterbacks to win 4 Superbowls. This small list includes Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw. I am sorry if this diatribe on fact #2 is to long but it is important in my Football belief structure. Neither Montana nor Bradshaw had a perfect season. Both are in the the NFL Hall of Fame and rightfully so. My belief and this comes as a NFL fan watching untold hours of NFL highlights of years gone, That Montana to date is the best quarterback ever he was great during the season and seem to always move it up a notch in the playoffs,he also shined in Bill Walsh's program which is the forefather of the west coast offense, Terry Bradshaw played for Chuck Knoll who played a much more conservative game, I am no way knocking Bradshaw her he does have 4 rings but he was a product of his system, any Top level QB would have flourished in this system and won. There are times including the well named " The Catch" that show Joe Montana's impact and control of the game. There where times when Montana seemed to will the team to win. Tom Brady is going to the Hall of Fame and is deservedly so. but for now he is still in with Bradshaw below Montana.)

#3 There where so many records at stake and happened tonight I would really have to consults STATS inc. to be really accurate but I will give the most meaningful ones..... The Patriots won more than any team ever in a single season (huge accomplishment but not perfection)("nother Dolfan side note I will not blame nor preach how it was easier or tougher in either generation , in 72' there where less games, but there almost 1/3 less teams to divide the talent and no bye. in 2007 you can say that the NFL has a larger talent pool to recruit from---more people alive than in 1972-- and a 16 game season with a bye is harder than a 12 game season. like I said tonight I will not debate this.)
....The Giants won more games on the road in a single season, normally NFL teams win more games at home than on the road but somehow this year was an anomaly for the Giants and there fans. During the regular season the Giants went 10-6 not to shabby, but when you factor that they won 7 of their 8 road games(They lost their first road game week 1 to the Cowboys) and then went on to beat Tampa in the wild card game, then beat Dallas in NFC playoff game and then beat Green Bay in the NFC Championship game which became the the third coldest game in NFL history and by just circumstance they where the away team at the SuperBowl .
By my count that gives the giants 11 road wins in a row this season(NFL record) compared with the Patriots 8 wins at home this season.

#4 In every game I have seen this season Bill Belichick dressed a Grey hoodie
but for This SuperBowl He choose to wear a bright red hoodie. First off why stray from normal? you win 18 games wearing a tattered grey hoodie and then you wear red, also I noticed that the Giants away uniforms had a lot more in them than the Patriots Home uniforms did, I also noticed that most of the Patriots other important coaches where wearing the standard dismal grey hoodie.

#5 it was a great game and a totally different game than when these 2 teams met in week 17 when neither team needed to win ( both of their playoffs fates where locked) but both teams where there with pride playing at full strength with the Patriots trying to keep their perfect streak alive and the Giants trying to be the team to break it. That game was a thrilling high scoring affair with the Patriots winning 38-35.

Thats the end of my babble, congrats to the Giants and I am sure we will see more of Mr. Brady and the Patriots in seasons ton come.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My serious take:

1. I was glad it was a good game. I was watching it with mostly NYers, but I was the most serious about the game. I would have been really bummed if interest flagged by the other gamewatchers.

2. I watch most of my teams with a sense of pending doom. I figured the Giants were going to lose, from being down at halftime to the last Pats drive. Brady has been too good in comeback situations for me to sit tight.

3. It was surprising how mediocre the Pats looked. The defense played a decent game but was unable to step it up at the end. The Pats could not stop the NY front line from stomping over them and Brady.

4. After the Yankees blew it last season, a double loss in NY eyes because the Yankees lost and the Red Sox won, this is some redemption.

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
WOW what a game. I have to say that after the regular season game I did not want to have to see the Pats meet the Giants again and I was right. All week long I listened to the 2 douche bags on morning sports radio talk about how the Pats were going to kill the giants and I just couldn't see it. The Giants D had a great game getting to Brady and not letting him set up.
I also noticed the Red sweatshirt instead of the usual grey hoodie and thought it was quite odd.

Congratulations to Eli and the Giants.

For all the Haters out there save some for next year because the Pats will be back and will have some new tricks up their sleeve.

Now I can start watching the Celtics :biggrin:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
it has been over 8 hours now since the outcome of the game... does anyone think Mercury Morris has stopped his binge on blow? You know that guy was partying it up all night!:disgust1:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
he's a tool and they should dump him and go with Boss.
my friend works at a bar here in Albany (where giants some times hang out spring training time) and after I heard a few stories on how much of an ass he is/how he treats people/how little he tips...yup, total tool.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd say dump Shockey as well and go with Boss. I'm still trying to figure out how Eli escaped that sack.
Did anyone notice Shockey was getting lit in the booth rather than being with the team? I heard he left after the Pats scored, too.

Boss is a great local story. He played well in the post season too.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Did anyone notice Shockey was getting lit in the booth rather than being with the team?
yup, more tool demonstration.

Props to Pats fans... for not complaining about the refereeing last night. Overall, the calls went in NYG favor.

And no, I'm not asking for people to complain, just props for taking the loss with class... unlike some Pit/OSU fans around here.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I just heard why Mercury Morris is being such a tool...

He makes about $50k a year in autograph shows and such. It's guessed that if the Pats had won, MM would get about half that. He's probably bitter about how much money today's players make and if the Pats won, he'd be screwed again.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
yup, more tool demonstration.

Props to Pats fans... for not complaining about the refereeing last night. Overall, the calls went in NYG favor.

And no, I'm not asking for people to complain, just props for taking the loss with class... unlike some Pit/OSU fans around here.
When do i take a losse hard? I dont play for an nfl team, do you?

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Your the last person who should worry if i make it to the NFL or not have you ever even played football? Past the highschool level.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Good Game , the Pats looked like crap and the Giants really stepped up there game. They deserved to win.

Not even Close , it would have to be Bucky F&*^ing Dent in 77, or game 6 of the 86 world series.

remember up here The Pats / celts and B's may come and go , but we live and die by the Red Sox .
That is number 2. But that was a closely matched game and could have gone either way.

This game was hubris for the Pats, who were cruising to the perfect season, led by the Golden Boy, coached by Dick Cheney. This was the 2nd most watched game, and many people were hoping for a rout.

It didn't happen.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Your the last person who should worry if i make it to the NFL or not have you ever even played football? Past the highschool level.
I played football only because my high school lacked a real "football" (you might call it soccer) team my Junior year. I was also the 2nd leading scorer on the team and 5th in the division.

I am not the least bit worried about your NFL career. If you can make what I make in a year playing football, I will buy you a beer. But you need to survive JC first.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Im sure, First off i did not have grades for a D1,D2 school. Also im not making an excuse but this school i attended had there starters selected prior to the season which is bs. But thats cool, i know i can play and i am going to prove it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Im sure, First off i did not have grades for a D1,D2 school. Also im not making an excuse but this school i attended had there starters selected prior to the season which is bs. But thats cool, i know i can play and i am going to prove it.
And that's all you need to do.

It would be cool if you brought that same level of enthusiasm and effort to your posts, but I understand.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Are you saying that .PS. isn't a good enough football player to go on scholarship?
If I got a sports scholarship from a JC, I would frame it as a badge of honor. That would be awesome.

Now if he got an academic scholarship, I would be impressed. Even if it was a JC.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
.Pit, may I ask why you keep trying to give me -rep? (I'm assuming it's -rep, because you keep giving it to posts in which I made fun of you.) We've established that it dosn't do anything.