Quantcast

Gamut Chainguide Help

bent_steel

Monkey
Jun 19, 2007
South
So I have an Iron Horse 6.4 and I am running an older Gamut P40 guide that is bottom bracket mount and has no holes for ISGC mounts, but the frame has the tabs.

The chainline is good, but the plate angles a little inside towards the rear hub.

Is this how it is intended to be setup?

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
to answer the question, no. the only thing that will happen is the roller might wear oddly. but it will still roll and work as a chainguide. afterall, they are replaceable for that reason.

if it really bugs you, it is just aluminum, you can bend it SLIGHTLY. it wont break if you dont work it too much.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Is it actually bent towards the hub or just spaced too close to the hub? I have an older Gamut like yours on my Blur4x and I have about the same amount of space between the chain ring and the plate. Only dropped a chain once but that was the bent chain's fault.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
I had to do the very same thing on my v10, i bent it maybe 3-4mm out of place...its worked perfect for 2 years strait now

bent_steel

Monkey
Jun 19, 2007
South
my major concern is when your torque the bb cup down, the inner plate of the guide is forced against the tabs on the frame.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Looks fine to me. Just make sure the top part of the guide is parallel to the chain when youre sitting on the bike.

bent_steel

Monkey
Jun 19, 2007
South
I figured out a remedy after thinking about it. I just removed one of the spacers from the non drive side and put it inside the chainguide so no now the chainline is spot on and the inner plate of the guide is no longer rubbing against the frame/tabs.

Thanks for the help.:imstupid: