Quantcast

Gap Jump 2: electric boogaloo

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today we trudged the 50' to our neighbor's yard to see what the older kids and colder overnight weather did to the jump. changes included a taller lip and more hard-packed run-in. an opportunity for bigger air.

so away i went w/ the shovel, building a berm to keep the sled on target to the lip, and to build the tranny up again (you land in the road, so it was mowed down). i have new-found respect for dirt jumper creators...moving snow was enough work; i imagine dirt ups the factor by several fold.

anyway, enough yammering, let's see some action!

but first, last night's sunset:

here's otis, trying a motowhip w/ the saucer:

miles, thinking about pelting otis w/ snow on the way down:

miles, not so sure about this new jump:

otis off the lip:

houston, we have lift-off:

otis, going into orbit:

miles, winner of the big air competition:

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
How irresponsible to be letting, no, encouraging, little kids to be jumping in the road, I think Children Social Services would like to have a little chat with ya.

Just messing with ya, the little guys look like they are having a blast.

It's seeing pics that I wish we lived up north, but then I go outside and it's sunny and in the mid 50's and we're riding the trails, I quickly remember why we still live in the South.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Ya know something, the little guys can always get away with just helmets, and the fact that they have enough "layers" on. I on the other hand, would be required to wear a full face and complete body armor on.

They do look like they are having a blast, they are lucky to have a fun dad around. Props to ya!!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BKQuill said:
Ya know something, the little guys can always get away with just helmets, and the fact that they have enough "layers" on. I on the other hand, would be required to wear a full face and complete body armor on.
Kids bounce :) I remember when I would jump off of anything, now I look at those same things and think "hell no, I would break myself."

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
kinghami3 said:
Kids bounce :) I remember when I would jump off of anything, now I look at those same things and think "hell no, I would break myself."
i saw proof of that today. i was at nashoba valley and as i was going the lift i saw this kid bombing straight down the hill on skis who i knew was going to crash somehow and as the kid tried to turn at the bottom to stop he or she slammed into a vending machine. a few feet to the left or right and they would have nailed the snack shack which does not give like the machine did. needless to say, i started laughing when i saw it because the kid just plowed into the thing going like 25. luckily they had a helmet on.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Wow thats awesome. How much snow did you get? Wow I am feeling some E-Braking/ Donuts on that road that you have there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This thread makes me smile.

I wish I had pictures of sledding. I had the worlds best sledding hill in my back yard growing up.