Quantcast

Garage floor epoxy

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
I've used the rustoleum product. as for wear and tear, not an issue- and I even dragged a flat bed planer (200+ pounds, cast iron base, NO wheels) and there is little wear and tear because of that little venture.

-make sure the floor is eat-offable clean and use their cleaning product.
-DONT attempt to use two seperate kits on different days if you have the square feet to need it.
-the confetti cr@p is your choice to put on or not- I didnt- looks good.
- if youre going to go up a few inches on the side walls and they are concrete block, you might need more paint- the block sucks the paint right up, and its also a good idea to do the borders/edges first.
- masking tape (regular) works damn fine to make nice neat edges.

pic attached of the final results- oh and I used a little extra of the paint to cover the top of that small stool in bottlecaps.

there ya go!

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
I Are Baboon said:
The house we just bought has some kind of finish like that on the garage floor. It looks real nice (and clean!).
that's the garage out at my parents house when I still lived there. I also coated the bottom of some cabinets, like a baseboard, so that I can hose out the whole garage. works great as a sealant.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We spec it out a lot. If you look a lot of new commercial buildings use like Grocerys stores and what not. Sometimes what they do is use a "stain" on the concrete to get a nice brown or grey color. You may want to look into that as well if you're looking for a different look.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
jdcamb said:
Nothing. I repeat nothing works better or last longer then Stonhard. Just amazing stuff. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.....jdcamb
mmm. commercial grade floor coating....one day when I get my own house.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
slowSSer said:
mmm. commercial grade floor coating....one day when I get my own house.
Most companies that install Stonhard will do residential too. Or atleast around here they will....jdcamb

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
slowSSer said:
griot's has the BEST stuff for car care....at a price.
No doubt. My g/f practically keeps the guy in business buying various finish items... Some of his prices really make me go :think:.

The info on the garage floor prep is good reading, though.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Ian F said:
No doubt. My g/f practically keeps the guy in business buying various finish items... Some of his prices really make me go :think:.

The info on the garage floor prep is good reading, though.

Agreed, I could read that sheite for hours. I'd even visit all the competitors websites to read their instructions as well to see if there is any differences in the technique and then go and hit the crank pipe and write a 19 page thesus.

:think:

Knuckle

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
jdcamb said:
Nothing. I repeat nothing works better or last longer then Stonhard. Just amazing stuff. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.....jdcamb
Strolled over and asked our architects (we spec this stuff all the time in pharmacuetical plants):

$12 per square foot.

Using it to do my g/f's garage would cost around $10,000... :eek:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ian F said:
Strolled over and asked our architects (we spec this stuff all the time in pharmacuetical plants):

$12 per square foot.

Geezus H. Might as well have really nice ceramic tile laid in the garage.......... or marble.

-S.S.-

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
SkaredShtles said:
Geezus H. Might as well have really nice ceramic tile laid in the garage.......... or marble.

-S.S.-
Griot's sells the tile as well - about as expensive and not as durable - but much prettier.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ian F said:

$12 per square foot.

Depends on the thickness and features you want. It is expensive but you will only have to do it once. This **** lasts forever and is super tough. You can drop a towmotor blade on it, drag it all over and it will not do a freekin thing to it. **** is badass. My Uncle did his 2 bay garage and some stairs with it and it cost him $4000. Looks sweet too....jdcamb