Quantcast

garage sales SUCK!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
omg... this sucks arse... i am taking all the crap out of my ex hubbys garage and selling it in a garage sale this weekend... but dammit... this sucks! going thru all this crap and pricing things... i have no idea what to ask for some of this sheeot!

i know we will make a killing on the furniture and kids stuff we have to sell... the rest will prolly get taken to the dump!

these are my plans for the memorial day holiday... garage sale! ugh!:dead:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
HAHA! I feel your pain. We are skipping the middle man & just throwing all of our $hit in the garbage.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by TN
HAHA! I feel your pain. We are skipping the middle man & just throwing all of our $hit in the garbage.
wish i had that luxury... i am broke from not working and want to put a new shock on my bike and pay for the brake master cylinder that is being delivered tomorrow for cooters bike! dammit!

i have a 1st grader whose cheerleading uniform cost me $194 and tht doesnt include the $60 sign up fee and $30 camp fee and $112 fundfraiser buy out amt!

dammit... and that doesnt even start to mention the 6th grade football player i have... ugh!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I normally toss all my crap out until my wife decided to have a garage sale last time we moved. She made like $350! Off crap i would have paid twice that to have taken!

She even sold her old Wal-Mart bike that was total trash from the mid 90's for $25. Man, I never thought people would pay that much for trash. But then came ebay :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
i have a 1st grader whose cheerleading uniform cost me $194 and tht doesnt include the $60 sign up fee and $30 camp fee and $112 fundfraiser buy out amt!

dammit... and that doesnt even start to mention the 6th grade football player i have... ugh!
I just tossed close to a grand in bridesmaids dresses. Took em to the goodwill. About two years ago I was in THREE friggin weddings in one year...the dresses were not hideous...but what the hell are you gonna do with long evening gowns? Not only are the stupid dresses 200-300 bucks...but I'm short so they usually have to cut a foot or two off the damn things and THAT costs you 60 bucks...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
The worst thing about them is the stingy losers they attract who act like you are demanding their first born while haggling over the 50 cent price of a once-played CD. :angry:
Bwaaaaaahahahahaha. It's the long-lost art of haggling. If you don't appreciate haggling, definitely do NOT host a garage sale. :)

Oh - and TTGF: just throw all the chit on a table and put up a cardboard sign on a stick that says "BEST OFFER"

You'll probably get rid of EVERYTHING.

-S.S.-

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by dh girlie
I just tossed close to a grand in bridesmaids dresses. Took em to the goodwill. About two years ago I was in THREE friggin weddings in one year...the dresses were not hideous...but what the hell are you gonna do with long evening gowns? Not only are the stupid dresses 200-300 bucks...but I'm short so they usually have to cut a foot or two off the damn things and THAT costs you 60 bucks...
consignment shops dumbarse! he he

you can make a killing off ur nice things by selling them in a consignment shop!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
i was just out there pricing stuff and some lady stopped at the stop sign by my driveway and asked if i was doind spring cleaning or if i was having a sale... sd sale tomorrow and saturday but she was welcome to look around... i sold her 2 little tykes toy boxes with lids, a little tykes tree swing for babies and a step stool for $15~

i wanted $20 and took $15! yeah!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
i sold her 2 little tykes toy boxes with lids, a little tykes tree swing for babies and a step stool for $15~

i wanted $20 and took $15! yeah!
Oh, it's fun getting customers with folding money but just you wait until the bluehairs swoop in jingling their clutched 5 pound coin holders at you, amazingly without them ever losing contact with their chests.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
consignment shops dumbarse! he he

you can make a killing off ur nice things by selling them in a consignment shop!
who the hell wants a bridesmaids dress? First of all...the consignment shops don't want beer splattered dresses...they want you to dry clean em...dry cleaining evening gowns is expensive...then they want 60% of the 40 dollars they sell it for, IF they sell it...subtract the 15 bucks for the dry cleaning...it's not worth my time or effort for the one dollar I will make...straight to the goodwill they go.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
who the hell wants a bridesmaids dress? First of all...the consignment shops don't want beer splattered dresses...they want you to dry clean em...dry cleaining evening gowns is expensive...then they want 60% of the 40 dollars they sell it for, IF they sell it...subtract the 15 bucks for the dry cleaning...it's not worth my time or effort for the one dollar I will make...straight to the goodwill they go.
holy shiznit... no freakin way... our consignment shops here want 15-30% TOPS! and they do want them clean but there are always trailer trash girls willing to buy a bridesmaids dress to wear to prom! ha ha

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Bwaaaaaahahahahaha. It's the long-lost art of haggling. If you don't appreciate haggling, definitely do NOT host a garage sale. :)

Oh - and TTGF: just throw all the chit on a table and put up a cardboard sign on a stick that says "BEST OFFER"

You'll probably get rid of EVERYTHING.

-S.S.-

"c'mon, haggle with me!"
:D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
who the hell wants a bridesmaids dress?
Get a glue gun and put a bunch of sparkly things on it, and sell it as a prom dress!

Or - donate it... if you donate it you get to deduct teh cost of the dress and the cost of the tailoring. You won't ge teth value of the dress back, but it's better than the dump or a consignment shop that's charging 60%!

J

JRB

It sucks you didn't paint RESPECT on at least one and go cruzin around.

J

JRB

Originally posted by WestCoastHucker
nope...
it's actually a good thing. i would have had to put a bullit or two in her if i saw it.

no offence miss missy, i would have to shoot everyone else too....
Dude - you need to respect your spelling.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
X hubby pay child support or is he a ded beat?

Knuckle
was that question to me?

if so, i will answer... no he isnt a dead beat... he only owed me $170 per month child support per the OK guidelines cuz our incomes were sooo close to the same back then... sooo i waived it if he would work with me and pay 50% of anything and everything that pertained to the kids... and he does! he is great about that and he pays for their health insurance entirely... he is pretty good about going in half on anything they need... he and i get along good for the most part now...

i just didnt want the resentment and all the verbal abuse he would give and tell my kids everytime he had to write a child support check sooo i waived it in the best interest of my kids!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
was that question to me?

if so, i will answer... no he isnt a dead beat... he only owed me $170 per month child support per the OK guidelines cuz our incomes were sooo close to the same back then... sooo i waived it if he would work with me and pay 50% of anything and everything that pertained to the kids... and he does! he is great about that and he pays for their health insurance entirely... he is pretty good about going in half on anything they need... he and i get along good for the most part now...

i just didnt want the resentment and all the verbal abuse he would give and tell my kids everytime he had to write a child support check sooo i waived it in the best interest of my kids!
Good for you. So many forget what the important things are. Glad ya'll were able to keep the eye on the ball. TTGF you got your chit together in my book.

J

JRB

Why...all he did was mispell 'bullet'...he used BULLIT instead. That's hella respect there...I don't know too many mtn bikers that remember bullet...is actually spelled...bullet...back off man!:rolleyes: HAHAHAHHAHA
ummm - I meant offense holmes.

ain't nuthin wrong with bullit. :p