Quantcast

garden

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
who has one and what are you planting? Also specify your region (I'm in the South). I've spent about 6 or 7 hrs the last couple days getting a new plot ready to seed with stuff.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife and I have a 35x35ish plot. I have no idea what she has planned, but here are my sprouts:

Caribbean Red peppers
Fatali peppers
Mustard Habaneros
Variety Habaneros (a blend of sorts)
Big Bomb Hybrids
Canary Belle's (came free wih my purchase, I have no idea)
Giant Tomato Trees (also came free, also have no idea)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
We have a 4x12 spot in our back yard. We'll plant some tomatoes, jalapenos and maybe some lettuce. I’m trying to convince the wife that we should plant vegetables in the flower area out front of the house

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
We are trying to work out a garden this year. Not a lot of sun in our outdoor space and a ****ing short growing season. We are starting tomtoes inside. We'll probably do peppers too. And I imagine loads of herbs. Other than that, I don't think we are going to have the space for much more. Too bad, we had some killer gardens in Memphis.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
The spot I've cultivated is roughly 16x24 and it seems plenty big. My (and my wife's) ambitions are spinach, carrots, radish, bell peppers and maybe some other stuff. my neighbor grows enough tomatoes for 15 families and my dad grows corn for all of us so I won't be messing with those...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My wife and I have a 35x35ish plot. I have no idea what she has planned, but here are my sprouts:

Caribbean Red peppers
Fatali peppers
Mustard Habaneros
Variety Habaneros (a blend of sorts)
Big Bomb Hybrids
Canary Belle's (came free wih my purchase, I have no idea)
Giant Tomato Trees (also came free, also have no idea)
If you really like habs, then you should try the Red Savina.
It's a member of the Habanero family and is twice as hot as a regular habanero, comming in at 570,000 Scolville units. Until last year, it was certified by Guinness as the world's hottest pepper. Eating one is almost a religious experience. The current world record holder is an Indian pepper called bhut jolokia, or ghost chili. It rings in at about 1,001,304 Scolville units. I have not tried this one....yet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you really like habs, then you should try the Red Savina.
It's a member of the Habanero family and is twice as hot as a regular habanero, comming in at 570,000 Scolville units. Until last year, it was certified by Guinness as the world's hottest pepper. Eating one is almost a religious experience. The current world record holder is an Indian pepper called bhut jolokia, or ghost chili. It rings in at about 1,001,304 Scolville units. I have not tried this one....yet.
Fatali (Congo) – exceptionally hot C. Chinense, 2-3x as hot as the orange Habanero (500,000 Scoville units)! 2.5” wrinkled yellow peppers. Fruity and tropical – wow! 100 days.

Supposed to have a better citrus note with an almost smokey flavor. My Habs are hotter than most as well. I like them for the flavor more than the heat, though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Fatali (Congo) – exceptionally hot C. Chinense, 2-3x as hot as the orange Habanero (500,000 Scoville units)! 2.5” wrinkled yellow peppers. Fruity and tropical – wow! 100 days.

Supposed to have a better citrus note with an almost smokey flavor. My Habs are hotter than most as well. I like them for the flavor more than the heat, though.
I would like to try that one.

On a side note; I had to quit eating chilies for a while a few years ago because I couldn't get hot anymore. I had to let my tolerance drop a bit.:biggrin: