Quantcast

Gary Fisher rig (2000)

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Not sure about the exact bike you are looking at, but I own a GF Lush Rush and wouldn't dream of riding it at a skate park.

Mine is aluminium and came with 1 piece cranks and cheapo wheels. I have since replaced the cranks with Profiles and the wheels with DX/Mavics. Good for racing as it's reasonably light.

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
This one has a steel frame. I dont know how light it is though. Or what kinda wheels it has. I know its set up for free style. I also know that it has a one peice crank that i plan on replacing. Thanks for the info.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by crackmunch
This one has a steel frame. I dont know how light it is though. Or what kinda wheels it has. I know its set up for free style. I also know that it has a one peice crank that i plan on replacing. Thanks for the info.
sorry but there are certain companies to aviod when buying BMX...and Fisher is one of them.....JMO....D

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by BMXman
sorry but there are certain companies to aviod when buying BMX...and Fisher is one of them.....JMO....D
But it says "tool" on the top tube! :D

In all honesty, it's probably built in the same Taiwanese factory as most other big brand BMX bikes. I got it really cheap: $100 nearly new. Then I dumped another $350 for cranks and wheels... And it has an old Dean Ti post and Flite saddle I had laying around.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by crackmunch
If it's what you can afford, then ride, have fun with it and don't develope an emotional attachment to it. Save your pennies and replace it when it breaks.....

Having fun is the most important part, not how expensive or pimped out your bike is.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Ian F

But it says "tool" on the top tube! :D

In all honesty, it's probably built in the same Taiwanese factory as most other big brand BMX bikes. I got it really cheap: $100 nearly new. Then I dumped another $350 for cranks and wheels... And it has an old Dean Ti post and Flite saddle I had laying around.
I'm glad you're happy with your bike but for $450 you could have bought a better bike from the start and you wouldn't have had to think about upgrades later on...JMO....D

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by BMXman

I'm glad you're happy with your bike but for $450 you could have bought a better bike from the start and you wouldn't have had to think about upgrades later on...JMO....D
Probably so, but the wheels and cranks can trasnfer over to a better frame at a later date. The bike is still much better than I can ride it.

It's kinda moot as I never ride the bike since I built a DS bike... it's sad, I know... :( I just have so much fun on the 26". I get on the 20" and feel like I'm going to die.

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
Being a complete newbie this bike will do. Hey at leasts its not a murray. (are they still making bikes even?) Over time till upgrade parts till I have enough to build a new bike. We shall see what happens. Thanks for your input.

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Originally posted by Ian F

If it's what you can afford, then ride, have fun with it and don't develope an emotional attachment to it. Save your pennies and replace it when it breaks.....

Having fun is the most important part, not how expensive or pimped out your bike is.
sorry brotha but the pimp factor of a bike is quite a bit more important than having fun. honestly...some people just don't get it.:cool: