Quantcast

Gas set to increase 25¢ per gallon over the next couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Chimp
Nov 7, 2003
Pah! Super unleaded costs the equivalent of about $5.92 per US gallon for us in the U.K. Gas is cheap in the US, stop complaining.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
gas is like cigarettes. no matter how high it goes people will still fill-up.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
They may get taxed, but the US gasoline prices are not due to regular market prices. We should be paying a lot more.....or maybe we are in other ways, we just don't know it

http://www.distributiondrive.com/Article4.html

To put things into perspective, when I went back home in December to Venezuela, my cousin filled up the 90 liter tank in his FJ60 land cruiser with ~7500 bolivares. Offical trade of dollars is 1920 blvs./1 USD, black market is 2500 blvs./1 USD. So 3 usd /24 gallons= .125 USD per gallon.

Won't go into the political side of this discussion because it is the lounge. Everytime I go back, we drive all over the country because it is so cheap to get around. There are the most amazing views and mountains. Unfortunately most of the mountains around Caracas are National Parks and there is no biking allowed.

edit......my pictures are too big....can't attatch.... will do it later

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's already high here. 2.10 for the cheap stuff a block from my house. that's hella expensive, bra. :nuts:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jmvar said:
They may get taxed, but the US gasoline prices are not due to regular market prices. We should be paying a lot more.....or maybe we are in other ways, we just don't know it

http://www.distributiondrive.com/Article4.html

To put things into perspective, when I went back home in December to Venezuela, my cousin filled up the 90 liter tank in his FJ60 land cruiser with ~7500 bolivares. Offical trade of dollars is 1920 blvs./1 USD, black market is 2500 blvs./1 USD. So 3 usd /24 gallons= .125 USD per gallon.

Won't go into the political side of this discussion because it is the lounge. Everytime I go back, we drive all over the country because it is so cheap to get around. There are the most amazing views and mountains. Unfortunately most of the mountains around Caracas are National Parks and there is no biking allowed.

edit......my pictures are too big....can't attatch.... will do it later

In Venezuela oil is produced by a government-owned company and local gasoline prices are kept low as a benefit to the nation's citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.